How would you deal with this silly problem?

ImmyS

Visit site
We hav
Well I would approach this from a totally different angle, and take him past parked cars with a friend in who he knew and who would fuss him through the window and poss feed a few mints.

We have done this, but to be honest he has no problem walking up to a parked car if I ask him to. We’ve done this with my partners pick up truck as they are particularly suspicious but he just walks straight up and says hello through the window. I think it’s more, as other people say, the reflection as he walks passed. I also use the liveries cars when they’re parked on the yard just to walk passed and circle round in different directions (with their permision). Which he quickly gets bored of and stops acting suspicious but doesn’t seem to stop him doing it out in the roads. It really isn’t bad or dramamtic at all I just hadn’t come cross it at all. Glad to know it’s a relatively common thing! 😀

DD

Visit site
Could it be that he is distracted by either his reflection, or low winter sun shining on windows/mirrors?
I think this could be the issue. can you use a friends car and feed him on the bonnet? make him love them ! also sit in the drivers seat and feed pony nuts through the window. when parked cars = food he'll probably stop shying.

Annagain

Visit site
You're describing my old D - well sometimes. 95% of the time he was fine, but on certain days, if he spooked at one parked car he spooked at 20! When I say spooked, I mean a little sideways sashay and giving it a wide berth, not a full on tantrum! There was no changing him, I just had to manage it, even at 27! I would just make sure there were no cars approaching from either direction before we went past and completely ignored it.