Hows he looking now?

Taffster

Visit site

Taffster

Visit site
Thanks he is rather special as you can see from that first jumping picci, its so frustrating hes just not typey enough so although getting placed we just cant get that qualification!!! We lose marks on conformation of which i can only assume they mean true to type

scotsmare

www.creativewritingforaliving.co.uk
LOL - forget showing and take him BSJA - he's clearly capable!
grin.gif

M&M showing is a minefield - good luck with it though as he's a lovely boy.
cool.gif

Taffster

Visit site
Scotsmare - I would I just dont think Jockey is brave enough, he is ather scary to jump he just refuses to touch anything so sometimes they can be a little too large
Maybe he'd be the first ever cob to jump the puissance???

Thanks Bex I think hes a right cutie, his personality matches too he loves grooming people - my OH is allergic but taf doesnt mind licking him until he gets covered in a rash!

Taffster

Visit site
That first picci the jockey was clinging onto his mane for dear life, he just likes to give 100% bless him and she is so tiny only about 7stone quite small compared to tafs 550kg frame!

Kenzo

Visit site
They look to be doing marvellous job with him, he is very beautiful and a mighty fine jumper!, you must very pleased with him.
smile.gif

Kenzo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I am realyl pleased, how you getting on with your Kenzo? How was the dressage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Mackenzie is fine, not being ridden at the mo due to the whole palarva with the saddle that I bought and suspected was causing him to go tense, had checked and then back person said it didn't fit and was causing the problem she discovered (ok everywhere else but too long which is what I said all the along)....nothing serious but I basically can't continue using the saddle, so waiting sell that before I invest in another one, plus discovering that there is reason he wants to beast everything with a pulse....so yeah not exactly great on Mr M front but at least we know what we are dealing with.

Took Ro the Welshy to the dressage (this was last month), was really pleased with her for her first outing, pit a prat in the warm up but she settled in eventually, behaved very well in the test, lots marks on her canter which I knew we would, as she's done nothing for a year but even before then she's not had any proper schooling canter work and in the time I've been schooling her I've been working on getting her to actually behave and walk/trot sensibly, work on her fitness and shift the weight as she was huge and hacking her out (owner didn't canter her out hackng neither as she's a bit stronger and spooky, owner had bad fall of her and and nearly broke her leg years ago so she's only walked and trotted her since) so so all in all I was very pleased, crap score of 55% in P10 but it didn't help because I messed up one of the movements, teach me to learn actually learn the test a week before rather than the night before.
grin.gif

Taffster

Visit site
yeah read your post about Mr M, she looks a nice sort (the D) and what a job it is to shift weight, however I have learnt it is more about getting them fit - taf has been hacking every day (almost) for 3 months up in the calder hills - his fitness and ,uscle has really come on it menas he carries his weight better - he isnt menat to be a sports horse type and i prefer him a tad heavier.
Fingers crossed Mr M gets a new saddle soon, I have one here actually that is sat doing nothing it was for my old tb like new, you could try it for fit and borrow it if you like ( as long as it comes back as tidy as it went.
I've been trying to sell it but not having much look, not giving it away as its like new and was made to measure so not cheap

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I think he is looking excellent don't think I have ever seen some big piccies of him, he is v smart.

He reminds me a bit of mine (tho frank isn't quite so smart) well put together confo wise but more 'workmanlike' style of welsh if you know what I mean which is seen as not so 'typey' and therefore loses marks I hope that makes sense. (I actually think I like them more like taff)

How big is he? just being nosey! I can't post my own pics as uni bans photobucket but will try and get some links up soon! Is he quite bold or spooky generally? Frank won't touch poles but it does mean he can stop occasionally. Love the first jumping pic after 16 years Frank has worked out how high he really needs to go, don't want to put too much effort in!

Taffster

Visit site
He is 15.1 barefoot and will be 7 next month, he isnt spooky and never refuses, he is just very ameniable and does whatever is asked of him. I bought him when he was 3 me and my son had been riding 3 months and we hacked him out alone for 2 years both of us - he never did anything - infact the xmas i bought him i hacked him 10miles on busy A roads to my mums house alone. His temperament is one in a million I dont think you get many d's like that they generally have their own opinions whereas he is constantly asking from you what the next step is.
Thank you all for you lovely comments, and i do think he is very workmanlike which should come in lovely for the workers classes we havent rally done it that seriously the jumping pics in the post are the first and only ones this year he hadnt jumped all year up to that point, and he is still very green with it as we only started at the beginning of winter with him.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
only a mere babe then, and very well behaved with it you are very lucky! He is looking really good, fit condition not fat condition.

welshied

Visit site
Is he the one that you got from sarah harrison? And just out curiosity how big was he as a 2 year old i am hoping mine makes 15.1hh lol I would imagine he would do very well in Working hunter

somethingorother

Visit site
He looks brilliant, how annoying that they don't think he's 'typey' enough, i'm another that prefers them more workman like, not with such dishes faces and eyes on stalks (and that's coming from an arab lover
tongue.gif
) He really does look great, i hope the judges can start to see that soon. He looks really mature now too.

Taffster

Visit site
I have no idea how big he was as a 2yr old, he was still entire then and the owner was the well known driving family in cumbria the Bowmans he did tell me he didnt think he was going to make big enough so dont think he was that tall. He should do well in workers but for now sticking to flat with the occasional xc and jumping practice.
And yes i got him from Sarah he was 3yrs 4months and 14.3 he was probably half the size he is now but with well proportioned bum neck and shoulder.
He did extremely well on the flat winter circuit winning 9 times out of 10 and never out of the top 3 however the RIHS quals are a differnet league much to my surprise i didnt think it would be that different from normal BSPS classes
Have you got any piccies of yours? How do you know I got him from Sarah?

Taffster

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
He looks brilliant, how annoying that they don't think he's 'typey' enough, i'm another that prefers them more workman like, not with such dishes faces and eyes on stalks (and that's coming from an arab lover
tongue.gif
) He really does look great, i hope the judges can start to see that soon. He looks really mature now too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks and yes he does seem to have matured this winter. I would love to do RIHS with him so I hope so too, all you judges out there please......

welshied

Visit site
I remember from another post about someone asking if anyone knew if she was ok dealer. My two that i got from sarah are just a coloured cob and my sister got a welsh cob type unregistered but i got a yearling in november coming up 2 this year from a stud and he is standing at just a tiny bit short of 14.2hh i am wanting him to make 15.1hh am hoping to show him lol He is by llanarth solo

Taffster

Visit site
Sounds like he could, Taf has Lanarth on one side of his passport and Derwen on the other - thats the funny thing surely he must be typey with 2 of the most famous stallions being his grandparents Llanarth Flying Comet and Derwen Railway Express

welshied

Visit site
You would think so maybe the top stallions aren't good enough after all lol i think mine is going to be quite a finer type.

Taffster

Visit site
Another post i think, those are links form photographers websites but you need a photobicket account to upload piccies.
It is a long time in coming for them to mature

tabithakat64

Visit site
He looks amazing
smile.gif
Can't think of anything else to say as I'm a bit gobsmacked
laugh.gif
as I've never seen a proper photo of Taff before. I would think he'll be a huge hit in workers
smile.gif

Taffster

Visit site
Thank you everybody, I am pleased with him and we will keep plugging away we've had a 4th so we are not that far away from 1st maybe sometime soon the judges will see how lovely he is and if not roll on the workers classes this winter!