How's is she - Condition CC

jenki13

Visit site
Hi all. I just wondered could you say how the condition of my mare looks? Was a massive struggle over the summer to try & get her weight down.. she is a very good doer. I think she is finally coming to a suitable weight but wondered what others think?

Apologize for the scruffiness she's out 24/7 & this was clean compared to how she was before a groom!

08012012229-1.jpg

08012012230-1.jpg

Last edited:

milesjess

Visit site
She looks well given the time of year but keep her weight as it is, try not to let her gain more. She does look slightly bum high but other then that she looks great to me :) she's lovely. How old is she?

jenki13

Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I just worry that I manage to convince myself she's at a reasonable weight when she's actually still a barrel. Definitely don't want her getting fat again!

She only gets fed hay & is on an almost bare paddock.. this year was a massive headache as the grass just kept growing.

She is bum high - works very much on the forehand which can be hard work especially as she's a Shire x & got a lot of power in her shoulders - she's 13 :)