How's this 2yo looking? Enjoying the sunshine yesterday.

Navalgem

www.addienasporthorses.com
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=217798668230589&comments

pics here:
190411010.jpg

190411008.jpg

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
looking fine to me! please dont force grow or bulk up. looks like she will be quite tall, let her get there in her own time. Nice stamp should be useful. what are your goals for her? eventing? be patient, but insist on good manners at all times then she will be lovely when you come to break her.

Navalgem

looking fine to me! please dont force grow or bulk up. looks like she will be quite tall, let her get there in her own time. Nice stamp should be useful. what are your goals for her? eventing? be patient, but insist on good manners at all times then she will be lovely when you come to break her.

I hope he will be tall! I definitely won't force grow or bulk him up, I want him to compete into his teens not have to retire early through joint or tendon problems! He got a good 1st prem at the futurity as a foal for showjumping but they did ponder changing him into the eventing category, I think he looks like he'd make a useful eventer. He's been lovely to handle so far, my 5yo daughter could lead him about last winter, just hope he stays that way!

I just worry he'll have too much/too little weight, especially worried about too much weight as he's only got fine legs! I also worry his neck may be a bit short, and there may be other faults I've missed. He's very short-coupled but that shouldn't be a hindrance showjumping.

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
his neck wont be too short when he is 4/5 and learnt to work long and low. his photos show him stood up (hiding his bits may i add) if you stretch him down he will be a lovely sort. you have lots to look forward to, dont rush him.its up to you to control his weight! but add lib grass and a balancer should see him thorugh til he is 4( and good adlib hay/haylage in the winter) and lots of turnout.

Navalgem

his neck wont be too short when he is 4/5 and learnt to work long and low. his photos show him stood up (hiding his bits may i add) if you stretch him down he will be a lovely sort. you have lots to look forward to, dont rush him.its up to you to control his weight! but add lib grass and a balancer should see him thorugh til he is 4( and good adlib hay/haylage in the winter) and lots of turnout.

Yeah he was staring across the fields lol, couldn't get him to drop his head! Lol, I didn't say whether he was a she or a he either which doesnt help! I just want to make sure everything goes as well as it can, he's on baileys stud balancer and hi-fi lite, mixed with some water, he's only on daytime turnout at the moment but will be turned out 24/7 in a few more weeks with some other 2yo's. Many thanks for the advice and comments, I hope he can live up to his potential!