HOY VS HOY ...a morals question

MDJO

Visit site
Bettina Hoy is leading Andrew Hoy in the dressage at Burghley. If they remain 1st and 2nd through to the show-jumping phase, this makes for an interesting scenario. Andrew Hoy is on for the rolex grand slam with $250,000 dollars at stake. If you were in this situation, what would you do? Go for glory yourself or 'roll a pole' so your husband/wife could take the grand slam glory? (and of course the $250k prize money)

Snowberry

Visit site
Id roll a pole and make him split the money with me!!
grin.gif

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
There's still such a long way to go. Bettina is regularly in the top spot after dressage... but not so often still there after xc and sj. I'd still put my money on Andrew even if Bettina tries her absolute hardest.

If it was me in that situation then I'd do everything I could to make sure that $250K was won.

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
It would all depend if I was allowed a large share of this prize
tongue.gif
If I wasn't allowed much of the grand slam prize I'd go for glory myself
tongue.gif

Kat
xx

airedale

Visit site
Don't like Bettina anyway so I'm rooting for him to win (shame she'll get some of the dosh though).

I think the 250k has to factor in any normal human being's mind - you cannot just ignore it - so I expect that if she was coming into a SJ wrong she just might not quite make the correction enough to avoid a knock down

However, I hope that he wins anyway - and she has a bath in the water

Rambo

Visit site
It'll be intetresting if it does come down to the Sj'ing. There's been so much talk in recent years abut team tactics in motor racing and other sports, it could ignite a heated debate
blush.gif

Clearly, a true husband / wife team would take the cash though
tongue.gif

teapot

Visit site
Wonder if that money is taxed?

I would go for personal glory, as you never know when you'd be in that situation again

teapot

Visit site
Only mentioned it as Andrew mentioned it in an interview I read or heard on radio/tv/mag/online (can't remember where)

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Only mentioned it as Andrew mentioned it in an interview I read or heard on radio/tv/mag/online (can't remember where)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

I'm sure Pippa could advise him
tongue.gif

Claireg9

Visit site
So your telling me there not already loaded???
£250k or not id go for the win, if you gave him the win it would take away from the fact he won the grand slam! He will of done it by cheating, kinda takes the edge off it!!

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
So your telling me there not already loaded???

[/ QUOTE ]

Err !? I'm not telling you anything
tongue.gif

No matter how loaded you are though....$250k is $250k...whichever way you look at it lol!

FigJam

teamhopalong.blogspot.com
How funny, I was thinking the exact same "dilemma question" after looking at the scoreboard earlier and was actually coming on here to post it!!!

I think they really have to ride as "Team Hoy", it's not cheating as such and I hope it doesn't come to that, but if I were Bettina, I'd definitely ride for time penalties or summat!

Tricky though, 'cos either way if it were to be that close, there'll be an uproar! Roll on Saturday/Sunday!
grin.gif