HP is home

hairycob

Visit site
Fetched HP back from the Vet today. Overjoyed that he is back & it looks like he will make a complete recovery but at the same time so sad that I lost Jason.
We have taken him to a different yard belonging to a friend of my instructor as there is no way I could turn him out at the old place & left him this evening getting to know a new set of horses. Will pop up later to check him & give him his final feed for the day.
He is still on metacam, electrolytes & vitamins & is only allowed out for a couple of hours a day. I think he is enjoying the little & often feed though. Vet is coming out Wednesday to check him over & we just take it weeks by week from there.

samlovesprilly

Visit site
So so pleased for you, heres hoping he makes a full recovery and you two enjoy the rest of your time together.
how horrid for what you have gone through in the past few weeks, but how lucky for HP to have come through it and (though it is no consolation) think of how many people you have educated about this!!

hairycob

Visit site
Hope to reach an even wider audience on Sunday. Will post when I know for sure. As long as the Queen doesn't announce she is pregnant or something we hope Jason & HPs stories will be a national newspaper. Photographer was there to take pics of him leaving the vet which he loved.

Spottyappy

Visit site
So pleased for you. Hope HP makes a steady and full recovery.
I feel for what you have had to go, can not imagine how you have coped, but if the publicity saves one horse's life, at least something positive will have come from it, and possibly raise funds to do more research.

Tobiano

Visit site
Oh, so pleased to see this. And still so sorry about Jason. Do hope your HP makes a full recovery and never looks back. x x

hairycob

Visit site
Spottyappy, that's the idea. HP lived because the experience with HP meant we knew the Vet was needed straight away & the vet said bring him in we won't waste time coming out. Most people I know were totally unaware of AM. if anything positive can come out of this it is making people aware of the condition & that fast action is vital to give the horse a chance.

hairycob

Visit site
This time last saturday his blood enzymes were so high they weren't even measurable in a heavily diluted blood sample. Today he is saying "sod box rest"! Luckily he can go out in a small convalescent paddock.

Puppy

Visit site
I'm so pleased to hear that he is home and on the mend. What a worrying time this has been for you.

Patchworkpony

Visit site
Well done hairycob for your extreme courage and persistence and for bringing this to so many people's attention. I'm sure HP will make a full recovery and there will be an even more special bond now because you saved him. Be VERY proud of yourself!

PollyP99

Visit site
So pleased for you. Hope HP makes a steady and full recovery.
I feel for what you have had to go, can not imagine how you have coped, but if the publicity saves one horse's life, at least something positive will have come from it, and possibly raise funds to do more research.

Already saved one - the case local to me I was as able to say have they considered AM after seeing Hairycobs thread, they thought it was colic. He too is doing well and can come home tomorrow

So pleased for you and them xxx

PollyP99

Visit site
Pollyp99. I'm so glad to hear that. I hope the horse makes a full recovery. Already having to remind HP he is supposed to be taking things easy.

Thx you too!

Went to see the patient in horsepital today gone from struggling to breathe to kicking his water over as a game, much brighter such a relief.

hairycob

Visit site
No other cases at the yard. There were 3 horses & the other has been blood tested all clear - he was in a separate field. Horses have been kept there since the 70's with no previous history of suspicious deaths.