HSI Stallion Assessments

Eothain

Visit site
Not yet. Going tomorrow I think. The stallions that made it past Stage 1 will be ridden under saddle by Vincent Voorn.

Valent and Clipper Van De Beijinakker will definitely get approved if they reach stage 2 because they have their four double clears at 1.40m

Cruise Diamond will be interesting. He's the horse that was sold in Goresbridge for €26,000 as a foal

Capriole

Visit site
no, I would have liked to though.

Am waiting on to see what happens with one particular stallion tomorrow, Ive got my eye on using him,.

Irishlife

Visit site
Ballineen It's William RID by Bealagh Blue passed - he was also bred in UK!

no good with you tube stuff but if you look up his name, there is VT of his loose jumping performance.

izafriendly

Visit site
These are the stallions i heard have passed grade 1 on the irish draught register
Dunbeggan Grey Mist by Dunkeerin Grey Mist
Eastern Hero by Huntingfield Rebel
Crystal Crest by Coolcronan Wood
Ballineen It's William by Bealagh Blue
Carrabawn Cross by Young Carrabawn
Carrickcottage Star by Carrickrock Close Shave
King of Mourne by Star Kingdom
Scrapman by Crosstown Dancer

sdoherty

Visit site
I keep checking HSI website for results but nothing yet. I seen gawtcha k and castlecomer Q being ridden on friday,two very nice horses. As far as the draught horses are concerned, there was nothing i would want to own or use that i seen on friday except The Scrapman. i dont like draughts but i liked this boy.(i would change his name). most of the draught stallions would struggle to find jobs as geldings.

Equilibrium Ireland

Visit site
Cobana passed with flying colors. Having seen this one in person, he is stunning. Before rumors start flying, Clinton St. did not go to the inspections.

Terri

LVS Horses

New User
Visit site
Cobana did, I don't think Clinton St did. That is just what I can gather from their website.

Does anyone have the full list of approved sport horses?

LVS Clinton St was unable to attend the Stallion Inspections last week due to a slight injury on the horse walker the week before - unfortunate tiiming as he is perfect now and back in work again!

Cobana LVS Z passed with flying colors!!

wigum

Visit site
LVS Clinton St was unable to attend the Stallion Inspections last week due to a slight injury on the horse walker the week before - unfortunate tiiming as he is perfect now and back in work again!

Cobana LVS Z passed with flying colors!!

I am very glad to hear he is doing well. My apologies for the confusion. I have asked the mod to remove my reference to clinton st. as i am unable to edit it myself.

Last edited:

wigum

Visit site
Still no sign of the results. Has anyone heard anything on the grapevine about when they might be published, its been a month since the inspections.

mellissa

Visit site
Congrats LVS horses, cobana is lovely.

I am awaiting the results of the insemination of Cobra to my Pachat II mare eagerly- so will keep watching out for LVS success

mellissa

Visit site
Thanks ballyshan! She was covered a week today. Have you had any mares covered to him this year? I cant remember!

GrassHorse

Visit site
Not sure if anyone has these yet..
hsi_stallions2.jpg
[/IMG]
hsi_stallions1.jpg
[/IMG]

wigum

Visit site
no real point to this post just a couple of thoughts

• Not generally my sort of thing but isn't the approved pony Mr hale bob absolutely lovely.
  • Beowulf surprised me, just how solid he looks, if you looked at the photos without names beside them, i would have guessed he was one of the draughts.
  • Not many horses blowing away the minimum requirement marks. If Stallions are supposed to be the best of the best to upgrade the herd then shouldn't the qualifying scores be a little more testing aswell.
  • Where are the preliminary approved stallions like LVS cobana listed?

anyone else got any thoughts?

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Why are the 3 Clover Hills on the SH section when they are all by RID ex RID?? :confused: :confused:

New rules! Pure-bred ID can apply to go into the SH stud book - provided they pass inspection AS sport horses and meet the performance criteria.

Cloneen Clover, Carlton Hill and Mackney Hill had all graded Class 2 ID - which I guess would limit their appeal to owners of pure-bred mares. Being approved as ISH would give them another string to their bow!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Yeah, but when you think of it, Spyder is far too special for a normal stud book. How many other stallions can shoot webs from their hooves and climb buildings? They just don't want to make the other stallions look ordinary by comparison. :p

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
So when we asked if Spyder could go on the SH reg (GB) and were told NO?????

What a ****ING JOKE!

The SHR of IDHS(GB) is COMPLETELY divorced from the stud book in Ireland! Well, more than divorced - it was never married!:D

I think it's strange that RID stallions can go to Sport Horse Breeding and be graded with them - but not with IDHS(GB) - there are plenty of pure-bred ID stallions that are more sport horse in type. There'll have to be some revisiting of the SHR rules as a result of the changes in the pure-bred 'rules', I think, so be patient and it MIGHT happen! But the problems with the pure-breds and Ireland have to be sorted first.