Hug your horses..

SEL

Visit site
I've only just seen this, but I hugged all 3 of mine this morning thinking what a lovely bunch they are. You never know how long we have left with them and I'm dreadfully sorry to read your post. That must have been an awful shock. **hugs** and try and remember all the wonderful times xx

Birker2020

Visit site
Gosh sorry to hear this. I lost mine suddenly to a heart attack. I honestly think its more upsetting to find them like this or to lose them suddenly and unexpectedly than it is to have it planned. Look after yourself. x

Goldenstar

Visit site
I lost one my first pony just like this it was thought it was a heart attack .
It’s an awful shock be kind to yourself .

eahotson

Visit site
S
After just writing some stuff about Welshies this morning, went down the field to find my beautiful other mare, my standardbred, dead.

It looks as though it was colic, she was fine at 6.30 yesterday evening.

Feeling terrible. Go and hug your horse.

Signing off for a bit. X
So very very sorry.It must have been a terrible shock.I hope she died peacefully.Look after yourself.

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
Thank you all so so much for your kind messages, it means so much to me on this horrible day.

We all know, with horses, to expect the unexpected on every level, but when the worst happens it's always shocking to the core.

Rose was only 12, fit and healthy. In fact I found her through this group originally, somebody (to my shame I can't remember her name) put up the link to a baby Rose being advertised for sale on a dealer's website. The photo was of a very underweight 14 month old filly tied up to a wall on 4 inches of rope looking terrified. Haunted by this image I tracked the dealer down, went to view the filly and bought her on the spot. She's been with me ever since, she grew into a beautiful 16.hh mare, strong to ride, amazing paces, the kindest eyes and the sweetest nature. I didn't tell my husband I'd bought her for the first year of a half..but that's another story and he forgave and came to love her as I did.

Elgin the Tractor turned up this afternoon, probably the most kind and thoughtful farmer I've ever met, and Rose was gently laid to rest in the field next to her old field companions who've gone before, Lucy and Roops.

We think it was probably either a severe and fatal colic or a heart attack, there were no signs of any injury, just a little patch where she must have thrashed around. Normally if there's disturbances in the night here my collie will alert us but all was quiet last night.

I've had 2 gins, several naughty cigarettes, 4 mad crying sessions and I'm looking forward to an early night to get this awful day over with.

Thank you again for your kindness and support XXXX

onemoretime

Visit site
After just writing some stuff about Welshies this morning, went down the field to find my beautiful other mare, my standardbred, dead.

It looks as though it was colic, she was fine at 6.30 yesterday evening.

Feeling terrible. Go and hug your horse.

Signing off for a bit. X

OMG what a dreadful shock, Im so very very sorry. Big hugs to you.

HashRouge

Visit site
Thank you all so so much for your kind messages, it means so much to me on this horrible day.

We all know, with horses, to expect the unexpected on every level, but when the worst happens it's always shocking to the core.

Rose was only 12, fit and healthy. In fact I found her through this group originally, somebody (to my shame I can't remember her name) put up the link to a baby Rose being advertised for sale on a dealer's website. The photo was of a very underweight 14 month old filly tied up to a wall on 4 inches of rope looking terrified. Haunted by this image I tracked the dealer down, went to view the filly and bought her on the spot. She's been with me ever since, she grew into a beautiful 16.hh mare, strong to ride, amazing paces, the kindest eyes and the sweetest nature. I didn't tell my husband I'd bought her for the first year of a half..but that's another story and he forgave and came to love her as I did.

Elgin the Tractor turned up this afternoon, probably the most kind and thoughtful farmer I've ever met, and Rose was gently laid to rest in the field next to her old field companions who've gone before, Lucy and Roops.

We think it was probably either a severe and fatal colic or a heart attack, there were no signs of any injury, just a little patch where she must have thrashed around. Normally if there's disturbances in the night here my collie will alert us but all was quiet last night.

I've had 2 gins, several naughty cigarettes, 4 mad crying sessions and I'm looking forward to an early night to get this awful day over with.

Thank you again for your kindness and support XXXX
I am so, so sorry for your loss. This post is a lovely tribute to her, I'm so glad she found her way too you. Look after yourself xx

ozpoz

Visit site
i am so sorry. once the horrible shock lessens please remember you’ve had such happy years with her xx