Hugs for Ron Please!!

JenHunt

Visit site
Ron got kicked out hunting today - not a malicious thing, just one of those things - young, fresh horse in front of us cat-leapt then bucked, and just caught Ron on the shoulder/chest on the hear side. We weren't all that close, but the cat-leap obviously delayed his forward progress but not ours, just bringing us into range. Ron seemed fine for a few moments, then started showing a bit of lameness.

Needless to say we turned for home there and then, but had quite a long walk back to the box (and cos I'm nice I hopped off and walked with him - in my long boots!). There's barely a mark on him - just 2 little scratches.

We're 90% certain it's just muscle bruising, but he's showing signs that make me wonder if it's a bruise to the extensor branch of the radial nerve (the bit that makes the leg go forwards).... He's dragging his toe, and swinging the leg out to the side. But, once he's taken a few steps it eases off considerably, which makes me think it's just the muscle being sore...

anyway... he's been cold hosed, he's had a double dose of boswellia, been fed, watered and tucked up for the night, and we'll assess in the morning.

So I just wanted to ask all you lovely HHOers to send him hugs and some of those famous vibes for a speedy recovery.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Oh hugsies!! Must have been a sharp ol knock there... Bruises hurt! Get well soon Ron x

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<vibes >>>>>>>>>>>>>> for poor old Ron. The Current Appy got herself kicked in the field a few years ago, on the shoulder, and was a bit lame for about a week, came right again with no problems.

Elsbells

Visit site
Bless him, poor Ron.

He's such a good boy and very loved. Fingers, toes and everything crossed that it is just a bruise and that'll he'll be out and about soon.

indie999

Visit site
Ah poor Ron I hope he has a good nights rest, and I bet you will be up early for a checkup
But hope he is ok and just sore.

Shantara

Visit site
Ouch! Poor boy.
Ned kicked the hunt masters horse on a hunt :O I wasn't riding him at the time, thank god. No damage done, but I was told the look on everyone's face was priceless! Pure horror haha!

Hope Ron gets better soon :)

suffolkmare

Visit site
Hugs for you and Ron, and hope the morning shows he's recovering and not too sore. Hope the culprit wears a ribbon in future; if he gets overexcited like that, could cause worse with no bad intent. Get well soon Ron