Human Boredam Breakers

Jade&Syrah

Visit site
I'll start from the beginning, A couple of weeks ago I was in a car accident and injured my shoulder, which has now turned out it's flared my back up and have possible muscle damage so i'm on orders to do nothing basically. Horse is on full livery all I do it go up and pat her and feed her a polo.

But i'm bored and need boredam breakers which doesn't need your back! Any one have any ideas?

RainbowDash

Visit site
HI,

Depends on what you can do - re: doctors orders. Obviously riding is out for now - can you lead and do you have a school? If yes how about some simple horsey games?

A bit of simple horse training - keeping the neck supple with treats? side to side, bow.

Loose school? Around cones, teach tricks - back up to command, left and right pass?

If you can lead/walk take horse out for a stroll in hand and find some grass - take a lunge line so you can relax and horse can munch.

In the meantime will the yard owner be able to arrange a rider for your horse? One who will ride as you'd like them too?

Better than saying take up scrabble i suppose? :rolleyes:

Jade&Syrah

Visit site
Thanks, I cant stand up for too long before pain kicks in, it's improving daily tho and i managed to tidy up a bit today! The yard doesn't want anyone riding her why shes in their care (for health and safety reasons, he doesn't want to be responsible for her or rider getting injured) and i'm happy with that as she can be funny.

I've been watching films and playing games on my phone but i'm bored of them already, and it's only been a week and a half! lol. Might start playing scrabble tho, not played that in years!
xx

RainbowDash

Visit site
Hi,

Thats fair enough if you and YO agree. However does she lunge? It may be worth asking someone to lunge her daily so she's not too frisky and out of condition when you ride again.

Have a look at some horsey apps and do a bit of planning for getting you both back into work :D

Do take it easy with your back - don't rush it - when you see your gal take a chair with you and just chill out in the stable with a paper and mug of tea - she'll be glad of the company i'm sure :) - lightly groom and if you need help in the yard ask the staff nicely to help you - you are paying them for helping you to look after your horsey after all :D.

Take care xx

Montyforever

Visit site
I feel your pain! Dislocated my shoulder and did lots of ligament damage about 6 weeks back and the 3-4 months of not over doing lasted about 2 and a half weeks because I was so very very bored!! :eek: can't offer any tips really. If I even tried to draw/write something it was making my shoulder hurt for the first couple of weeks or so and that's without having a bad back as well!
I've given in now and am back to mucking out etc and it's holding up fine at the mo only a couple of aches so hopefully you'll recover as smoothly :)
I think all I did was play around on my phone, watch lots of films and walk the dog alot! It's really suprising the amount of things you would never think you use your back/shoulders for!

Jade&Syrah

Visit site
Thanks guys. Just as i was starting to feel better last night i was up at half 5 freezing swollen knee and pain. Not to mention a mouthful of ulcers because im eun down lol! I was going to ask if i could drive my new car today as well with someone there incase i start to hurt so they could drive back. Oh well another day lol!