Humour my curiousity on dressage sires...!

Mugsgame

Visit site
As title really - having been discussing a Donnersong mare with a friend recently, I wondered which names would be put forward by you guys for potential covering stallions?!

I cant really post a pic because she isn't mine... but she is a beautiful stamp of a horse, around 16.3hh, with stacks of movement and a huge jump. Extremely uphill and fantastic front end with a good length of rein. Pretty but workmanlike head, good clean limbs. Could have a slight tendancy to toe in and would probably suit a stallion with a string quarter and second thigh.

She has a lovely temperament and has been very trainable, working to advanced level.

So... while you are having your afternoon tea and biscuits... :D ... humour me with your suggestions pls!!!

Mugsgame

Visit site
whats the other half of her pedigree and is this a keeper foal or one ot sell. Plus, does the owner want to use chilled or does she not mind frozen?

Hi Volatis (like your breeding blog btw :D) - she is out of a mare by Pion and the damsire is Huzaar.

As long as the frozen is good quality I can see no harm, the mare in question isn't elderly but is a maiden - no known problems yet!

Any resultant foal would realistically be for sale (not sure at what age)!

Uthopia, Sir Oldenburg, St Moritz Junior (and a TB!!) are all names that have come up - but I have no experience of them really!!

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
LOl thank you
Dutch breeding I really dont know so much about. I know Pion was a jumper so thats probably where she gets the big jump from.

TBH I would look at Weltmeyer for the hind end strength or one of his sons. When it comes to selling the foal its a name most people have heard of. His frozen is fab but he is available chilled anyway now to the UK and Celle are even doing a promotion on the W line this year

Wisnette

Visit site
Pion crops up quite often in Dutch dressage pedigrees - he's well regarded for passing on a really active hindleg. He's one of my mare's damsires. Aktion is probably one of his best known sons - he was very successful GP horse.