Hungry Horse!?

Becky101

Visit site
My 15.3 tbXhan horse gets 2 feeds a day and is out in his field (which has plenty of grass in it) during the day, at night he has 2 haynets and a hayrack full of hay. Still, he attacks his food like he is starving hungry and i am worried he is not getting enough, but i am sure he must be!! He is not doing much work yet as has only been at the yard for about a week. He cant be hungry can he!!?
confused.gif

(BTW i do realise this post makes me seem completely incompetent and totally dense!
blush.gif
lol)

Becky101

Visit site
Only had him since tuesday, he is my new baby!! lol. practically all he has done since he came is eat! I think he must just be greedy, i cant see that he could be hungry?! and i really dont want to end up making him fat cos i feel sorry for him as he scoffs all his food down! he is not underweight, pretty much spot on.

Happytohack

Visit site
Don't worry - he is just settling in and will soon give up hoovering everything in sight. At his previous home, he might not have had ad lib hay and now can't believe his luck. Give him time to settle and you'll soon find he will slow down with his eating! Good luck with you baby!