Hunter Championship, Hickstead

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Our HW hunter, Silverstream (otherwise known as Boots - my sister went to Dublin several years ago and decided to buy a pair of Dubarries but saw the horse and bought him instead ...) won the hunter championship at Hickstead yesterday - he paraded with the hounds around the main arena (probably did around 8 laps of it at a fairly fast canter and a few galloping in front of the stands) - he hunted all season (he was the horse that was pictures in H&H during the winter who was criticised for being too well covered ...) and was not even puffing (bearing in mind it was midday and over 30 degrees). I really do think that he could not be much fitter at this time of year!

He loves the main arena at Hickstead - one of the few places where he can really open out and gallop the way a hunter should!

bootshickstead2.jpg

bootshickstead3.jpg

bootshickstead.jpg

marble

Visit site
well done, he is the most stunning of horses, and he certainly knows that a hound is not a dog, bet he was looking for the field master all the way round the grand arena, hope you have many more wins with him, but even more importantly have many many happy days doing what, I bet, he loves the most, hunting.

Decision_Tree

Visit site
Congrats - lovely horse and looks amazing.

I have a larger type of horse too (looks like the chestnut in ur siggy) and love the proper hunter types. :)

Hornby

Visit site
He is stunning - I noticed at Cheshire that he has the best leg conformation I have seen for a long time - do you have a pic of his legs for us to gaze at? :D:) Lovely horse who loves his job! :D

S_N

Visit site
Boots is just fabulous! I've always admired him - hard not to! He's really greyed out since I last saw pics of him! Absolutely gorgeous - congratulations to the whole team!

posie_honey

Visit site
congratulations :)
having just dipped a big toe into local showing (ridden and working hunters) i now really appreciate the time and effort involved even at that level - let alone higher up - so take my hat off to you :)
and also v please do see he also hunts - that's fab - my mare is also a hunter before hse is anything else ;)

saskia295

Visit site
Wow! What a beautiful horse :) Well done, you must be so pleased. I love seeing your reports, keep them coming!