Hunter or sports horse?

bellaboo

Visit site
This should probably be in New lounge but here goes!

Apart from the obvious coloured class what other classes can i enter her for? All the local shows in my area seems to have only hunter classes but i don't think she's heavy enough? She is now 2 years old and is a Dutch Warmblood x Friesian any idea's?

100_4973.jpg

100_4947.jpg

S_N

Visit site
Sportshorse and coloured classes. Are you still having problems with green eyed monkeys? She's a delight! You should be very proud!

bellaboo

Visit site
Thanks _SN_ i adore her!
Thanks to people's nice comments on here i don't really listen to the little remarks anymore, to me she is perfect
laugh.gif

Ciss

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Donkey classes
grin.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Just kidding
smile.gif
Although her ears are big enough
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OTOH I did once hear a top hunter judge say they liked large ears as it gave them something to grab as they fell off out hunting <ROFL>. Mind you this was the same judge who said that he would never ride a dun horse (let alone a coloured one!) out hunting as they were ' too distinctive' so that when someone fell off one and it galloped about loose everyone else out that day would know who the rider was. <ROFL>

OTOH if this is the criteria by which they judge horses perhaps it is not so surprising that the outstanding 4-year-old stallion they so famously failed as being novicey at the last SHBGB grading (6 weks ago) has just been to Bicton and won the Discovery Masters championship there first time out and as the only 4-year-old in the class.

Perhaps the two attitudes are not so unrelated ...

bellaboo

Visit site
Stropster you cheeky moo!!!

That did make me giggle about the hunting field, think she's doomed then!
I think showing always comes down to pot luck at the end of the day depending on whether the horse stood in front of the judge is their type of horse or not
crazy.gif