Hunter Trail 2 Days Running - Fitness

Helga1980

Visit site
HELP
crazy.gif

A slight diary up-cock has led to me being committed to doing 2 different Hunter Trails on following days.

The Saturday is a 2'9 class over 2 miles, up to height but nice and flowing. The Sunday is 3' over 1 1/2 miles but quite twisty and technical (he was also supposed to be running in the 2' 6 team class on the Sunday as well but suspect that 3 classes in 2 days is unfair).

M is at a reasonably level of fitness at the moment and have a month from this weekend (just gone) to make sure he's ready to go.

* Am I asking to much doing HT's 2 days running?
* What can I do between now and then to ensure he's as prepared as possible?

I ride 6 days a week for an hour but can give more time if needed, we have a fair number of hills around us and access to suitable surface to do some canter work.

Thanks for your advice.

Thistle

Visit site
Often do 2 classes (pairs and indiv) at the same hunter trial so 2 on 2 days should be ok as long as horse is super fit and you are sympathetic. Can you get early time on 1st day and late on 2nd?

Helga1980

Visit site
Thanks all - now I just need to figure out how to ensure M is super-fit in 3 1/2 weeks time. I woudl call him fit now but not sure about super fit!