Hunter Trial report

helenandshadow

Visit site
Sorry, another one! It was at Mayfield school and we did the 2'3''-2'6''. The course was nice but fence 5 (trough with logs on top, through the hedge and quite narrow with a slight drop) was causing a lot of problems. I was about 30th to go in the class, eventually we started and Shadow was a star, no problems with no 5, flew the angled related distance of logs, the coffin and everything else!
laugh.gif
Then when we finished I realised we'd been eliminated because muppet here jumped the log drop into the water and we were meant to just walk in!
blush.gif

So a bit annoyed with myself for letting her down but really pleased with how she went, she jumped what was in my eyes a fab clear round!!
laugh.gif
She definitely seems to be getting her confidence back.
smile.gif
I don't know my time yet, but even without the rider error I doubt we'd have been placed because there were about 70 in our class. Will post pics in a few days when they are up. Thanks for reading.
grin.gif

lastresort

Visit site
Hey we did exactlly the same!!!!! (me and my daughter) both jumped the log drop and got eliminated. Im going to send them a letter as i was really fed up (my daughter was fast and clear !!)

Good course though took my 4 year old for his first run!!
wish we had done he bigger class as better jumps i thought??!!

helenandshadow

Visit site
Hi I've just replied to your PM, would be interested to hear what they say! Shame you made the same mistake, so frustrating!! I was fast and clear too although probably too fast! I think it's a lovely course, I did the 2'9''-3' a few years ago and it rode really well, Shad has lost her confidence a bit though so just doing little stuff for now.