Hunter trials today, our first go at the "big boys" course...

KatB

Visit site
Well, decided this morning there was a HT much to close to the yard to miss, so had a tootle down to see how would go!.

Got there, had a VERY excited neddy, took us ages to tack up, etc as was just being very lively! Anyway, got on, and popped round the Novice as a warm up, very good boy and popped everything no probs. Just outside the placings as only hacked round.

Anyway, decided as feeling so well, we would try the Open with the attitude of retiring if everything became to much, as was quite big in places!

He was AMAZING. So So pleased with him, jumped alot bigger than he has been xc before, and only had one stop at a bank thing with a ditch in front, but then flew everything. Jumped our first Trakehner, and first "proper" brush fence, and also went in water without hesitation! Soo pleased with him!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Sorry very self indulgent, but cant believe how quickly he's gained confidence!!
smile.gif

Pics in gallery....

KatB

Visit site
Thank you!! Was just the Silver Horseshoe one at Newton....
smile.gif
Last minute descision as was just down the road!!

Have you got any more planned this year?

Heidi1

Visit site
I like it at Newton, was thinking of taking Spur one day to have a play, also want to take the little coloured mare (Millie) I have too.

As for what is next, think they will all go hunting with the Readyfield, but also want to get Spur and Millie out Show JUmping, Barleyfields and Hargate, might do a few Hunter Trials if local with Zara........How about you??

KatB

Visit site
Sounds good!! Just Sj and dressage for the winter now, and only small bits at that! He's just cottoned on to "parties" so just got to keep things chilled.... Then fitness work for BE nxt year! Hopefully going to be doing alot at Vale View and poss some at Arena. Will see!!
smile.gif

Let me know if you come down to newton, would love to meet your girlies, and you of course!!
smile.gif

Heidi1

Visit site
Oh bless him.............. Looking forward to seeing you out at BE......He's just such a super chap....

I will do, love you to meet Spur and also Millie, would like to event her, but she's only 15.2hh and more WH stamp, but has the right attitude to do all three elements, so might do a few local ones and see how she goes....... Oh and looking forward to meeting you and your boy!!!!!

KatB

Visit site
Nothing wrong with being only 15.2hh!! Alot of the top horses are little, look at Polly Jacksons little coloured!! And to be honest, at Intro/Pn any type of horse (within reason) could do well if at full fitness! I think you should just go for it!!
smile.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
Can't wait!!!!! I'm still buzzing now lol!

We've got our next one in a fortnight, managed to book the course for a schooling day on Monday so we can have a play about first which should be useful.

Heidi1

Visit site
I may well give it a go, she is a little sweet heart..........has the right breeding on her fathers side, so worth a try..........I'm going to get her out with the Readyfield so you will have to meet her........ She's a bit of a chunkie monkie at the moment.....
laugh.gif

Few pictures of her :

DSCF0289.jpg

DSCF0264.jpg

KatB

Visit site
Bless her, shes lovely!! Shes very nicely marked.

And yes, shes got Criminal Law in her breeding hasnt she?! I'm sure shed find eventing easy peesy!!
smile.gif

Heidi1

Visit site
Thank you..... Do love her lots, she's my big pony............
laugh.gif

Yes by Criminal Law...........certainly loves her jumping, so will see how she goes over winter with the old hunting and then decide after that.....
grin.gif