Hunting Act Doh!!! whats that all about

Visit site
What is there thats stops me going this minute with a pack of hounds hunting? What will happen a fine or limited stay in jail at the tax payers expense. The whole issue surounding the the Hunting Act is just one farce from begining to end, the police and courts have enough work with terrorists and far more serious crimes to humanity than to chase some landowner/farmer who is trying to protect is livelyhood from a bunch of state funded N.I.M.B.Y.

To me hunting is not about killing foxes, is is about
The poor against the rich and the rich against the poor,

One thing for sure I will continue to support and participate in all countryside traditions on both sides of the law.and nobody should feel that just because of one stupid ill concived law, they should stop with a traditon that is being still done in other countries.
If you Antis want to save something, try and save the diminishing cod reserves off the North Atlantic seas or prehaps stop hunting of whales or even the hunting of crocodiles which are being used to make boots and bags and chemical products or even dogs and cats which are being killed in China for there meat or chickens being fed raw sewage in Thailand, COME ON do something about all these animals instead of bleating about the same old thing.
I know why you dont do anything its because it all about your view of a fantasy the poor against the rich, and me as a farmer and my hunting friends are far easier targets than someone in another country where you would be shot for interfering in there culture and livelyhoods.
If you want to know what life is really like on a farm with slaughtered chickens, sheep and lambs after a foxs has been you would be most welcome, then you can see not all of us are rich and most of us work 365 days of the year to survive some of the antis I doubt now the meaning of word hard physical work.

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
Ours do, they sleep through weekday hunting meets so they can pretend they have jobs.

TBH, poor against rich sums it up. How many antis, if asked, would mention "toffs on horseback" when talking about hunting? Even though thats a smaller percentage of those who hunt than the farmers on foot, the children on foot, the children in their push chairs!

Ignorance comes next. Antis still believe that foxes are torn apart alive, which means we're all cruel. They still believe they die for nothing more than pleasure.

Yes, someone who tears a live animal limb from limb for sheer pleasure can be described as a sick pervert, but not a foxhunter!!!

The hunting act is simply enough to keep both sides happy.

Thing is, in the middle, we don't have classist hippies or ignorant fools, we don't have hunting hardened farmers who have seen enough fox related carnage to not care how he dies. We have fox lovers. People who care how the fox dies, how many foxes die, how selectivly foxes die. People who are NOT Happy with the hunting act.

And I'm ASHAMED to have to say that the majority of people not happy with the hunting act are pro fox and pro hunting.

Antis - where is your determination to save britains wildlife now?