Hunting flask and breastplate

Floxie

Visit site
I may be being daft, but how do you attach a hunting flask to your saddle if you use a hunting breastplate and only have one set of D rings? (I'm pretty sure there's only one pair on my old Wintec). Do I have to choose between safety and sloe gin? :)

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I could get both straps through the D ring. If you can't, you could put tape on breast girth strap just in front of the D ring and then thread the flask strap through the taped up gap.

Floxie

Visit site
So like - around both sides of the breastplate strap, making a loop? I have some brown electrical tape, this is all very positive :)

AdorableAlice

Visit site
yes, just in front of the D ring, wrap some tape around the breast girth strap so you join the strap with the tape and leave just a couple of cm gap to put your flask d ring strap through.

It will look like the flask is on the D ring.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Saddles used to have a pair of Ds fixed into the saddle for a breastplate to be attached, and a further D or pair of them on leather tabs, for the purpose of attaching your flask/wire cutters etc.

You can buy extra Ds these days which are on a small loop of nylon cord and attach to your stirrup bar. They only cost a couple of quid.

Floxie

Visit site
yes, just in front of the D ring, wrap some tape around the breast girth strap so you join the strap with the tape and leave just a couple of cm gap to put your flask d ring strap through.

It will look like the flask is on the D ring.

Genius! Thank you :D

Saddles used to have a pair of Ds fixed into the saddle for a breastplate to be attached, and a further D or pair of them on leather tabs, for the purpose of attaching your flask/wire cutters etc.

You can buy extra Ds these days which are on a small loop of nylon cord and attach to your stirrup bar. They only cost a couple of quid.

Yes, I'm sure I used to have a saddle with multiple Ds (I bet mine doesn't even have any at the back for my sandwiches, should I ever find a nice case... grr). I did search before asking and people kept mentioning attaching the flask to the rings on the leather tabs, but of course I am without! That's really interesting you can get add-on ones, I had no idea - I'll see what I can find in that regard, too.

Thanks for your help both!

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
There's a pair on eBay at the moment but they're Devoucoux and £30!!! :O

There's some on American Western sites for just a few dollars, but I can't (after a quick search) find where I bought mine. I know they were only about £5 though.