Hunting in Ireland

nuttychestnut

Visit site
Hi, really want to try hunting in Ireland. Can anyone point me in the direction of a yard that does hirelings?
Plus is hunting in Ireland as crazy as it looks?
Thanks in advance

Sherston

Visit site
No responses to this yet...... can't help on the hireling yards, but there are plenty of hirelings, book in advance via the hunt, but crazy yes, and general rule is trust your horse and don't over interfere with it and be prepared to get wet!

nuttychestnut

Visit site
I have no idea!
My horse is out of action so I'm looking to treat myself since I've nearly paid off all his medical bills!!
I just don't know where to start really, so any help will he fully appreciated

Bernster

Visit site
I found Flowerhill equestrian when I was thinking about hunting over in Ireland.

I've just got back from a fab weekend of xc riding at Anna Harvey Farm and think they organise hunts and hirelings too. Relaxed, informal, really welcoming, good basic fayre and very capable horses.

I suspect it is as crazy as you think, sounds pretty hairy from what I've heard although ofc depends who you go out with.

http://flowerhill.net/
http://www.annaharveyfarm.ie/

Puzzled

Visit site
Know dartford horse museum do hirelings. Not sure what they trade under but there's an equestrian centre with the museum. Lots of Americans use them I believe. They would cover the Galway Blazers country (everytime I drive through I thnk of how amazing it would be to jump those stone walls!)

Holloa

Visit site
Hi nuttychestnut

I can advise on a few different packs- depending on what sort of country /jumps you're looking for. hey I might join you! feel free to pm me and i can give you some ideas :) and no its not that crazy!!! just sit back, hold on to buckle of rein, neck strap and kick ! :) the horses over here know what they're doing ;)

nuttychestnut

Visit site
Hi holloa, I can't seem to PM you on my phone :(
I'll have to pop you a message once I log in via a PC.
Thank you for your help!