Hunts?

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
Yeah, Sussex, Surrey and Kent are a bitch for antis.

Make sure you have a tetinus, rabies and hepatitus jab before hunting.

Ensure your horse is booted and don't jump anything no one else has jumped - some jumps are booby trapped.

And ask before you turn up with a camera or videocamera - as my secretary pointed out - unknowns with cameras are going to cause a stir within the hunt (which is why I had foresight to let her know that a videocamera was coming out with us!) - and some of the hunt supporters are on a level with the antis around there...

severnmiles

Visit site
"Ensure your horse is booted and don't jump anything no one else has jumped - some jumps are booby trapped."

Are you serious?

Parkranger

Visit site
Yes - so called 'animal lovers' that have no problems harming horses or hounds. I'm still on the fence with regards to fox hunting, but these people are wankers.

severnmiles

Visit site
And the public USED to support these idiots? I'm so glad I never followed in mums footsteps and hunted with the OSB&WK!

SunSmile

Visit site
I have hunted in sussex and have never come across booby trapped fences!! Yeah we have anti's and they did used to cause a lot of trouble but particularly in the last 2 seasons we have had hardly any trouble with antis. so please don't be too predjudiced about hunting in sussex!

SunSmile

Visit site
We have had antis out in the south east,but personally when ever i've been out and the antis have been there, there is only verbal abuse and occasionally they will try and stop hounds or block the way etc although saying that i have heard stories of worse things happening, but to be honest i think compared to what used to go on i think things have calmed down a bit!But the amniosity(sp) is still there(obviously) Of course i cant say for every hunt in the south east.

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
Severnmiles - pianowire.

I haven't seen it first hand, but I do believe Clarissa Dickson-Wright mentioned in Clarry+countryman mk1 that the OSBWK had pianowire stretched over fences...

And, before the antis rush to poo hoo it...

A rider in Surrey was nearly garotted by a single strand of wire placed neck height over a bridlepath last year - a few days before the hunt met in that area.

Wierder things have happened...