Husbands vs horses

Circe2

Visit site
Mine’s been an absolute dream, I have to confess - especially as I’ve recently been going through MH problems (horse, work, and lockdown-related), and before that, physical problems from an injury. I don’t think I could’ve managed 2020 without him, to be honest - also, the horse and the cat seem to prefer him over me, a lot of the time!

That said, he does make me tea in the mornings (he’s a morning person, I’m not), feed the cat, and is very apologetic when I angrily wake him up over his snoring..

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Not the spirit of the thread granted, but despite his snoring I wouldn’t be without mine. Not only has he encouraged and supported us uprooting everything to achieve my dream of having the horses at home, greets me every morning with a coffee, has embraced mucking out each morning with very few grumbles, he’s also been a godsend when the youngster has been having a moment and was the first to encourage me to look at new horses (and up the budget!) when I found myself unexpectedly without a ridden horse. It’s soppy I know but I’d genuinely be lost without him.

paddy555

Visit site
mine can barely put a head collar on, fails to realise that the bridle doesn't go on top of the mud. Cannot understand which side the saddle goes on from (he is dyslexic) and probably only manages to get on from the left as that is the only way it works with our mounting block and the horse knows which way to stand.

OTOH once on he can ride anything, is good at backing youngsters, can repair anything and doesn't seem to mind his daily task of repairing whatever the little darlings have broken that day.

On the downside his prowess in the kitchen, with the hoover and in fact anything inside the house is extremely limited but then so is mine so we get along fine. :D

windand rain

Visit site
No no no no.

Who would clean the bathroom and hoover if I got rid of the husband!?
Only household job he never does isclean the bathroom that is firmly my job that and putting duvet covers on. He will make the bed once the duvet is covered though

mini_b

Visit site
Not the spirit of the thread granted, but despite his snoring I wouldn’t be without mine. Not only has he encouraged and supported us uprooting everything to achieve my dream of having the horses at home, greets me every morning with a coffee, has embraced mucking out each morning with very few grumbles, he’s also been a godsend when the youngster has been having a moment and was the first to encourage me to look at new horses (and up the budget!) when I found myself unexpectedly without a ridden horse. It’s soppy I know but I’d genuinely be lost without him.

FF - loved reading that and feel the same sentiments exactly.
the good ones are worth their weight in gold and mine weighs a lot but god I love him ?

mini_b

Visit site
Only household job he never does isclean the bathroom that is firmly my job that and putting duvet covers on. He will make the bed once the duvet is covered though

Mine is an intelligent and very practical bloke (not sure why he’s with me but hey ho)
...but watching him trying to put a duvet cover on. ?

AdorableAlice

Visit site
There would be no horses without my husband. He is yard man, fence mender, poo picker and dogs body. He mends the unmendable, puts up with some right tantrums from me and rarely moans. He will help anyone and is so different from my first husband, nothing is too much trouble for him. He has been ill recently and the yard went to pot. It has been a long time since I had two 5 o'clocks in the same day, but I had to whilst he was ill and it nearly killed me off, I certainly realised just how much he does for me. He is also well house trained even if he dusts around things and although good at filling the washing machine, never takes anything out of the dam thing. Funnily enough he does notice when I wash something horsey though. He does snore but a well aimed poke normally shuts him up !

He had never touched a horse when I met him 20 years ago and was terrified of them, but today he is quite good around them although I don't let him deal with any of them if I think they might be sharp to turn out, he doesn't 'read' them well. I love this picture of him with 'his big boys', both of whom need selling but he won't hear of it, even when they have totally trashed one of his beloved fields with their massive feet. He just mutters a bit and gets on with divot treading.30743713_10214530554631744_2207103059698384896_n.jpg

Circe2

Visit site
There would be no horses without my husband. He is yard man, fence mender, poo picker and dogs body. He mends the unmendable, puts up with some right tantrums from me and rarely moans. He will help anyone and is so different from my first husband, nothing is too much trouble for him. He has been ill recently and the yard went to pot. It has been a long time since I had two 5 o'clocks in the same day, but I had to whilst he was ill and it nearly killed me off, I certainly realised just how much he does for me. He is also well house trained even if he dusts around things and although good at filling the washing machine, never takes anything out of the dam thing. Funnily enough he does notice when I wash something horsey though. He does snore but a well aimed poke normally shuts him up !

He had never touched a horse when I met him 20 years ago and was terrified of them, but today he is quite good around them although I don't let him deal with any of them if I think they might be sharp to turn out, he doesn't 'read' them well. I love this picture of him with 'his big boys', both of whom need selling but he won't hear of it, even when they have totally trashed one of his beloved fields with their massive feet. He just mutters a bit and gets on with divot treading.

I think my heart might’ve melted just a wee bit ?

Mine isn’t quite there yet, but I aspire to have him fully immersed (give me another 15 years!). He actually had a pony growing up, but never warmed to it - however, he absolutely adores my 16.2 boy, and is a shockingly good rider for someone who’s barely ridden since the age of 10 - so the plan is to one day get him an irresistibly sturdy ID or cold blood cross ?

PurBee

Visit site
When I was with my partner we lived on separate shifts. I went out to the horse first thing and when I got back after riding he might have got up. Evening he loaded the van and went off to play a gig getting home in the early hours. Worked ok except when we wanted to do things together when half the daylight was gone before he got going.

im familiar with that routine...we became like ships passing in the night.

if my OH snores, rarely...id turn him over, he’d stop snoring. It was always worse when we was on his back, or worse, turned a bit towards my ear! I can have whole conversations with him while he’s sleeping which he doesnt remember on waking! Its very funny....so i can whisper to him “darlin’’...’yeaaaah?’...”youre snoring, do you want to turn over?’’....”ohhh yeaaahhh, sorrrwy’’....it works well ?

I should try “darling’....’yeaahhh’......’its a good idea to get another horse isnt it?’.....’yeaaa...wake up - ‘what?!”’ Eyes wide in shock!

Steerpike

Visit site
Mine is my rock, completely non horsey but would and does help with them if I push and I think the horses like him because he is so laid back, he's made me my horse box, a horse walker and now everything crossed found a house where I will be able to have the horses at home. Yes he snores but a poke in the face stops him and the other thing which can be annoying is getting him out of the house once we've decided to go do something, he faffs around getting ready where as I'm up and reading to go!

Frano

Visit site
Snoring is annoying but escaping to the spare room helps. Will help with horses and rides with me if persuaded but still has trouble putting a bridle on after 16 years. Kind and helpful and does the cooking, so I

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
No no no no.

Who would clean the bathroom and hoover if I got rid of the husband!?
Mine wouldn't know how to work the hoover but he is in charge of cleaning plugholes ????

Nice to hear about everyone's OHs.

I struck gold with mine, all jokes aside he's a bloody good egg and I would have a very different life without him.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
that is where I have a problem. If he is capable of plumbing the machine in and getting it working why is it so difficult to open the door, chuck the dirty clothes in and press "go" and then to reverse the actions 2 hours later?

It is a curable problem. Simply ignore until he says 'do I have clean socks and pants ?, my drawer is empty' then you say NO and vaguely point in the direction of the kitchen or utility room, followed by see that white square thingy ? ask it nicely and it will clean your pants and socks. (caveat - just check you haven't got your turnout boots or random rug liner in there first).

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Mine hoovers, does the washing and washing up, does the bins and shopping. I cook, clean and sort out the kids. I have now got him doing the poo picking as he lost his job 3 months ago.

When he snores I pull the pillow so it disturbs him. He has learnt not to speak to me in the mornings-I bite humans!

mini_b

Visit site
Mine wouldn't know how to work the hoover but he is in charge of cleaning plugholes ????

Nice to hear about everyone's OHs.

I struck gold with mine, all jokes aside he's a bloody good egg and I would have a very different life without him.

aw MP same - honestly it makes you wonder why these blokes do all the things they do for us. All the support emotionally and financially. All the genuine care and interest they have in your hobby which encroaches into every part of your life and every fibre of your being.

ah.
They can’t work the washing machine or put duvet covers on. Got it
Mine would also starve to death. I have seen a man eat a raw/partially defrosted garlic bread in an act of defiance.