Husky anyone?

mattilda

Visit site
Am going on an amazing trip to Alaska next month and one of the trips is to visit a working husky place. The guy trains and breeds and apparently when you arrive they plonk a pup in your arms. So thought I would take orders for you lot. How many do I need to smuggle home then? :D

Petunia

Visit site
what a lovely trip for you and sure you will enjoy it.

As far as owning a husky - well every single one I have come across has been equally beautiful to look at, but very noisy, somewhat excitable (they are very much working dogs) and as far as a recall is concerned.....er not on their agenda!.....

mattilda

Visit site
These are sled dogs apparently. Can't remember the chaps name but he is something of a big cheese in the sled racing world. Can't wait to go, am very excited. Bit like a kid waiting for Christmas morning!! :D:D

Oenoke

Visit site
Sounds lovely. I would love a husky, I think they're beautiful dogs, but haven't got a fenced garden, so don't think they're the dog for me!!! Get lots of pics!

Luci07

Visit site
I went to watch some husky racing a while ago. Rather thinking fluffy and cute but these were serious focused working dogs! Look forward to the pictures

TarrSteps

Visit site
None, thanks. :) I knew someone in Canada who had a proper sled team and, impressive as they are, they aren't pets.

But if fuel prices keep rising perhaps you could take orders for full teams? ;)

suzysparkle

Visit site
Who is it you are going to see? There are very few people in Alaska with purebred Siberian Husky racing teams. We have been over twice and imported one a couple of years ago from Anadyr kennels. Or is it Alaskan Huskies you are seeing (I'm guessing so as none of the Siberian people generally advertise)??
Alaska is amazing and I'd give anything to move there. We have only been in winter but I bet it's just as awesome in Summer. You will have a great time. Dog sledding is the national sport there. Just be warned that there are lots of stuffed animals around (even in Anchorage airport and the hotels) and fur shops are in abundance. You can also buy guns in Wallmart, but not booze!! LOL. Have fun :)

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Being in possession of two half-arsed British-bred specimens of unknown lineage but probably not hardcore working lines, they are quite enough crazy for me and I wouldn't touch a racing bred one with a bargepole

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
My spangle with hip dysplasia can get into the neighbour's garden so I don't have the right space for one! :rolleyes: Have the best time, sounds like a wicked trip.

lexiedhb

Visit site
Being in possession of two half-arsed British-bred specimens of unknown lineage but probably not hardcore working lines, they are quite enough crazy for me and I wouldn't touch a racing bred one with a bargepole

WHAT? I was sending mine to you for training!!! :D

mattilda

Visit site
OK SS he is Jeff King and is an Iditarod (?) champion. He lives on Goose Lake, Denali. More than that I do not know. I will try to smuggle a few pups out for those that want them!! :D Promise lots of pics if no puppies though!!

sonjafoers

Visit site
There was a documentary on about the Idatrod not that long ago & he featured heavily as one of the big names if not the biggest.

You are soooooo lucky, please post all about it when you get back