Husky noises...

emma21

Visit site
Hello,

I have a husky x lab called Zephr hes 10 months old. He is the most loving dog ive ever met, when he sleeps on sofa (tut tut :eek: ) he has to be touching you head on lap/all of him on lap its ever so lovely!

But when he plays he sounds horrendous like hes killin the other dog, with my other dog because hes bigger its not as bad but we met a 4 month old choc lab the other week and he was playing but he sounds like a bear/wolf...i did apoligise to the owner but she said "Dylan (the choc lab) keeps going back for more its obviously not that bad let them carry on" i was glad she understood!

But is it normal to sound that scary?! If not how do i go about changing it? He also plays verrrrry rough with other dogs most love it to be fair and if they dont i put him back on lead but id like to control it more as such?

Thank :)

flying solo

Visit site
My husky doesn't make noise unless she's shouting at me.....

Its not a "proper" howl just a few moans put together (does that sound how its supposed to? lol)

But she is very cuddly and will plonk herself on our feet in the livingroom or her head on our lap to be clapped constantly! :rolleyes:

Aoibhin

www.Emmaevans.barefootbooks.com
my girl (Sibe x GSD) is very vocal when playing & it ranges from low quiet growls to very loud powerful howls & everything in between, we are used to her now & she has never in her 10 years shown any aggression, except for one incident where someone messing about grabbed one of my toddlers up from behind and made him scream in panic, she gave one warning growl & as he diddnt but HER son down quick enough she bit him (he has said from the moment she did it onwards it was his own fault, he knows she is protective towards her kids)

shadowboy

Visit site
my mally's also sound like they are killing each othetr and anything they are playing with- including the OH.... was highly amuzing last year when they were playing on the beach passers by though Tassy was crazy ;)