Hutton BE Roll Call !!

Javabb94

Visit site
Any other HHO'ers at Hutton this weekend?

I'm on Sunday Sec K with the quirky pony.

Hoping all our hard work recently will pay off and that we have a good day!!

I keep my horse 10 mins from Hutton at Eden Valley Site and the weather is glorious!!!

When I set off for work at 5.45pm last night my temperature gauge for outside was 30.3 Celsius in the sun. Roasting!

I love the heat but glad it is due to be cooler on Sunday. Bright orange horses attract the heat!

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
Me me me! I'm there on Sunday, last to go in section P. First be100 of the season and never been to Hutton before- please don't tell me its too tough!!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
So.....how did you do????

I did a reasonable dressage, to say that his Gingerness does not like working on a hillside. Jay then thinks he did a double clear. We registered clear SJ, but sadly I forgot no 9 XC!!!!!

So, £87 in entries and start fee, over £100 in diesel, 6 1/2 hours travel, and I scored Jay an "E" in XC for nothing that was his fault!!!!!

Doh!

Javabb94

Visit site
Well done!!! Shame about missing fence 9! Which class were you in?
I did a 34.5 dressage clear SJ but disaster XC which I gutted about as he has been going so well recently.

We had an issue with going into 2nd water. Jumped the house but stopped at the water and given 2 refusals, then just glanced of corner at 12.
To be fair horse has never seen anything like that jump and for him to go 2nd attempt confidently was
Good. But we are both home safe and sound and that's the main thing! He jumped 1-9 fantastically and considering only 3rd proper event aged 16 he is doing ok!

Hopefully Eden valley in 2 weeks will be a nice confidence giving run for him!

Red-1

Visit site
2nd water????? Would that have been my no 9 then? I was in the 90, not sure what we missed as we certainly jumped what I walked. I was stunned how many people missed a fence, 3 out of me and the next 5 did! I was telling my husband of the dangers of convex hills giving no view, hot weather when walking, difficulties of competing when advancing in years, walking the course when it is not yet flagged......... But really I was just clumsy!

Javabb94

Visit site
Yes 2nd water was number 9!!! You jumped a skinny house and through water!! I walked course twice to be certainly sure, although I know not always possible. It was after the steeplechase and keep going basically over the brow of the hill

Red-1

Visit site
Ah, well I jumped a steeplechase fence and then turned left for no 10!

Do you happen to recall the name of the photographer? I seem to think it started with a G?

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
Heard loads in the 90cm missing out fences! We had an average day- average dressage, rubbish sj but stormed round the xc clear- was happy as its our first be100 for over a year (having only done one easy one last year) and she made it feel so easy! Just need to go and do some sj practice now..

Jnhuk

Visit site
Ah, well I jumped a steeplechase fence and then turned left for no 10!

Do you happen to recall the name of the photographer? I seem to think it started with a G?

Probably Grossick? Didn't manage along this time due to broken pony but they've been the 'tog last few times.