hyundai tucson for towing?

Shavings

Visit site
we own a hyundai tucson

husband and i are both wondering if it would be up to towing a double horse trailer with one does it (partition taken out)

i have googled and googled and i am now completely confused

can any one help?

its a 16.6 diesel and does have a tow bar on it.

its only a 2016

Charmer91

Visit site
You'll have to look at the towing capacity. But off the top of my head I don't think this will have to power to tow a trailer with tack and equipment let alone with a horse in it? I could be wrong,

little_critter

Visit site
I have one - I've not tried towing with it, when I googled it didn't appear to have the capacity....which makes sense because it struggles enough to get itself up a hill, let alone tow a trailer!!

holeymoley

Visit site
Doubt it, these are SUV types, big- looking but very under powered with no towing capacity whatsoever. If you look in to weights you may be able to tow a single trailer but at 1.7 it will be very underpowered.

ROG

Visit site
find the weight plate usually hidden in a door frame or under the bonnet
there are 4 numbers on it
deduct the top number from the second number
you now have the max towing capacity

still standing

Visit site
I tow with a Hyundai Tucson and think it's almost useless! Mine is a 1.9 diesel model and I got it because I wanted a 4WD, which is useful on mine as you can select as an option when needed.
But in my opinion, my Hyundai is severely underpowered for towing. My trailer is an IW 506 and i only travel with with one horse but every time we come to a hill, not even a particularly steep one, we get slower and slower as we go up. We always make it, but usually need to keep changing gear down and down until we are in second gear. It's very slow when towing to accelerate from junctions, traffic lights and roundabouts too.
I would add, that I have been driving for over 50 years and with this car it is the first time I have ever had to replace a clutch, presumably as a result of the (very limited) towing I do.

Shavings

Visit site
I tow with a Hyundai Tucson and think it's almost useless! Mine is a 1.9 diesel model and I got it because I wanted a 4WD, which is useful on mine as you can select as an option when needed.
But in my opinion, my Hyundai is severely underpowered for towing. My trailer is an IW 506 and i only travel with with one horse but every time we come to a hill, not even a particularly steep one, we get slower and slower as we go up. We always make it, but usually need to keep changing gear down and down until we are in second gear. It's very slow when towing to accelerate from junctions, traffic lights and roundabouts too.
I would add, that I have been driving for over 50 years and with this car it is the first time I have ever had to replace a clutch, presumably as a result of the (very limited) towing I do.

Thank you ever so much for your reply its been very informative and helpful
give i will give towing with mine a miss!