I admit I ASSUMED it would come with a roller..

Visit site
Thanks to reading advice on this forum re Pessoas and imitations I bought one off E-bay - fabulous contraption.....went to put it on and realised there was NO roller with it. So I admit to being the idiot who did not read the small print - i thought it was a bargain!!!!! Have now gone out and purchased superb new roller with all the rings on (cost more than the contraption) I have tried it on my long suffering mare and wonderful for all concerned - have now relegated side reins to back of tack room. Will also be reading the small print (if it is indeed there) in future
laugh.gif

Visit site
"Unlike many schooling devices, The Pessoa Training aid works with the horse & not against him. It persuades and suggests, rather than forces - and is thus the epitome of its inventor Nelson pessoa's philosophy.
An important difference between this and other schooling aids is that it does not create a rigidly fixed contact between the horse's mouth & girth. Devices that allow this to happen are notorious for creating an overbent outline with the horse working too much on its forehand and too little from behind.
In complete contrast, this acknowledges the all-important back muscles that a horse uses for balance, impulsion and to support both himself and the rider. Nelson realised that only by freeing the back muscles while simultaneously suggesting a correct outline, could a young horse develop that all important looseness which leads to forward, fluid paces.
Designed to be used while lunging, the training aid employs a sympathetic system of ropes & pulleys. Useful for fit horses to maintain their muscle tone, it also helps youngsters begin their work in the right shape. "
Does not include roller or lunging cavesson. (Apart from Derby House!)
Hope this helps, Tharg and thanks for the replies - will let you know how quickly my mare and I become addicted!

merlinsquest

Visit site
If your after a brill quality and sensibly priced training aid, then type training aid into ebays search and pick the one by ottowablue, its where mine came from and it my horse in the ad.... wish i was the one making the money too!!!

Seriously though its everybit as good as the real one and the results are stunning!!!