I am a CRUEL, CRUEL Mother!!

S_N

Visit site
I left the pair of them out last night, it was fine and dry - so far so good right? Well I've just left them out again - but it's not so fine and dry
ooo.gif
shocked.gif
B still has a summer coat - there seems to be no hint of her growing a winter one! H is as fluffy and woolley as can be
laugh.gif
BUT up until now, I had been bringing them in on wet nights
crazy.gif
BUT - again
smirk.gif
- Yesterday they moved fields - this one has LOADS of green grass in it (well over their fetlocks) and excellent shelter on 3 sides - the sides that the all the weather comes from too! They'll be fine won't they?? I only worry, coz B could look better weight wise, but they are so crowded in the stable........... and I don't want the other 2 fatties to get get all that lurverly grass......

Edited to say - You don't have to answer this, I think I've answered my self
tongue.gif

ruscara

Visit site
They will be fine! They are much hardier than we give them credit for, and it sounds as if your field is perfect, with lots of grass and shelter. They will be very happy out there.
I can quite see why you are worried, though. I worry exactly the same myself!

Tia

Visit site
I have a 5 month old Hanoverian filly here and she is living out 24/7. Right now it is about 20 degrees celsius through the days and going down to 2 or 3 degrees at night. She is absolutely fine.

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[whispers] horses in the wild do not go into stables when it is raining[/whispers]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that you daft begger, but these are NOT wild horses, they're mine
grin.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

S_N

Visit site
LOL - thank you C, glad I'm not alone! I'm not really worried about H, it's B and her lack of coat
frown.gif
Well, this might make her grow a coat - she was Yak like last winter!!

S_N

Visit site
LOL - H isn't bothered at all, as I just said to M_M it's B I worry about, she could look so much better and has no coat yet...... But you're right, if they could speak, she'd probably say she'd rather be out!
laugh.gif

S_N

Visit site
lol - I was about to die with shock at the thought of your lad staying out nekkid! Knowing his dislike for TO rugs.....

meandmyself

Visit site
Is the stable lit when she's in? If so, turning the lights off should help her to grow a winter coat. It's the hours of light, not the temp.
smile.gif

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[whispers] horses in the wild do not go into stables when it is raining[/whispers]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that you daft begger, but these are NOT wild horses, they're mine
grin.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Point, my Golden Retriever was left out one night, found him in the morning hyperventilating - he clearly could not believe what happened. Horses are braver then poor Wilson though - he is a pansy!

S_N

Visit site
Errrmm why would I waste resources by leaving the lights on? Odd question. It's not even the right time of year to be leaving lights on till 11pm and on again at 6am to induce the breeding season in a barren mare - Dec 10th/15th is usually when that starts and then normally in TB's
confused.gif
I have no idea why she's got such a fine coat - maybe she thought she was going to HOYS this year
grin.gif

sallyf

Visit site
SN ours are all still out 24/7 no rugs , they are fed and i put oil in the feed to help coats but there is so much grass at the moment i dont feel ready to bring them in.
mine are all as fat as pigs and coping just fine,

Gingernags

Visit site
Ours are still out 24/7 - we're painting the stables (sooo disorganised, should have been done weeks ago but we were busy playing at show ponies) so they are NOT ALLOWED in!!!

We've upped Byter to a medium weight as she's getting on a bit, but Ivy is rugless, furry (and filthy!!) but they have shelter and plenty to eat.

They'll be fine! Hoping ours can stay out til at least November but we'll see...

Doublethyme

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Point, my Golden Retriever was left out one night, found him in the morning hyperventilating - he clearly could not believe what happened. Horses are braver then poor Wilson though - he is a pansy!

[/ QUOTE ]
Hehe
laugh.gif
, goldies really are such complete babies aren't they! You just have to love 'em though
smile.gif