I am becoming soured.....

Rachel_M

Visit site
.... searching for a new horse.

I am just finding that nothing is really interesting me. I am almost to the stage that I feeling soured to the whole process.

Anyone else been through the same?
frown.gif

TiaPony

Visit site
I think 90% of horse owners felt like giving up when on the search for a horse. They are all either falsely advertised or they don't intrest you.
Out of intrest - what are you on the look for? size,age,purpose,price etc?
Hugs, there's the perfect horse out there, honest
wink.gif

xx

Rachel_M

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
now Dan would be perfect for you if you were only about 6 inches taller *runs fast*

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time I organise a trip to London, you'll regret that.
tongue.gif

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I was the same when looking for something to loan (can't afford to buy). Nothing took my fancy. Looked at the for sale ads too and there's nothing around I like, plus I refuse to pay 6K for something that's 5, hacked out twice and jumped a X pole just because it's mum went round a BSJA course once.

Rachel_M

Visit site
Yes, exactly. The trouble is. I see a horse I like, it is priced accordingly and it is gone! No wonder, there are plenty of folk like me. It has almost come a scavenger event, trying to pick the market to find the last decent pieces of meat.
frown.gif

As MissTwinkleToes keeps nagging
tongue.gif
. I am not going to buy just any old horse, I like horses that are put together correctly and I have had to change what I have been looking for, simply because there just doesn't seem to be anything within my original parameters that jump at me.

Rachel_M

Visit site
Honestly, if anyone sees a horse they know I would like (PM me if you want more details) then PLEASE just tell me! lol. I am open to options. hehe.

Capriole

Visit site
im going through the exact same thing right now, in fact. im about sick of it and have stopped looking for the time being...

Puppy

Visit site
OMG YES!! Been there, done that, for 15 MONTHS!!
ooo.gif

I was so certain of what I wanted, and on the several of occasions that I found one ticking the boxes, they were ALL sold before I got there - one even accidentally!
crazy.gif
Or of course the ones who looked the part, and supposedly ticked all the boxes, but were in fact so green they couldn't even trot a circle
mad.gif
What a waste of time!
mad.gif

I felt the same as you R; Soured!! Well and truly. I didn't even enjoy browsing the ads anymore, it was a tiresome chore
crazy.gif
BUT BUT BUT, at the end of it all, I found my little magic Bean,
laugh.gif
and she would have been worth two, or even three times the wait - she is my dream come true. I am VERY glad that I stuck to my criteria as like my farrier said, so many people get bored and buy something out of impatience
crazy.gif
which rarely has a happy ending....
crazy.gif

Don't give up hope R.
smile.gif
as my Mother kept saying to me, "There's one out there with your name on it somewhere"
smile.gif
and it proved spot on! Be was clearly meant for me
grin.gif

Out of interest, and if you have a mo, send me a message of your criteria
smile.gif

H. x