I am being very lazy

ceva

Visit site
Since the snow in December I rode my mare three or four times a week she was clipped and fairly fit, I couldnt get her clipped again as she is out 24/7 and we need a generator down at the field too do her. it was just too cold, I have only riddern her half a dozen times since the snow, its either too windy (she's a pain in the wind on her own), too wet and muddy. I am a wimp but havent got a stable to tack up in she stands just at the field gate so everything is wet before I even get on.Too icy, we have a track thats lethal on an icy morning, she's now very hairy and muddy,or too tired I am 60 this year.
Is anyone else feeling like me with no motivation to get going. Roll on better weather and easter Holidays (I work in a college so get easter vacation off).
Just felt like a rant thanks for reading this I feel better now.....

Horseback Rider

Visit site
Know exactly what you mean it has been a very long winter. I recently moved yards and now have a couple of people to ride with so it's a bit more motivation. But if your horse is happy to take it easy then don't worry, spring can't be that far away

ceva

Visit site
I must admit my horse hasnt had such a long break for about 10 yrs as i usually do a bit of hunting and ride throughout the summer. Last summer she did get a bit stiff with athritus, so the break will do her the world of good as she is as sound as a pound just now, just was feeling a bit guiltyfor leaving her for so long.I agree with having someone to ride with, if I had some company I would certainly make more of an effort.

Izzwizz

Visit site
Its hard when the weather is so grotty at times. Been a lovely sunny day here today and it does make you feel better. Is there a yard where you could move to for company and shelter as in a stable, so that you can get a bit more riding in.? Have to say, when its awful weather I appreciate my yard even more, tea room, chairs, kettle and tea bags and people to complain to...and stables for the horses.

Coop

Visit site
Yeah, the sun does make it all seem a bit better doesn't it?

Don't be hard on yourself, its been a flippin hard winter.

Ours are out 24/7 so I sympathize, no stables, no school!! We somehow survive! My boy had 6 weeks off in the end what with all the weather and being ill etc.., and I am only riding three times a week at the moment getting him back into it. Once I got over the fact 'its not the end of the world', the pressure is off.
I only did a bib clip b4 xmas, and have taken it off again last week. He is not doing enough.
Its also been bad again as we have had another spout of rain!! I think everyone is getting fed up with this time of year!!

Look forward to the clocks changing, I think its only 5 weeks on Saturday!! Woop Woop!!

Tackytoe

Visit site
To make you feel better, ours are in, we have an undercover yard & an indoor school and I am still really, really struggling to find the motivation to ride!!

ceva

Visit site
Thank you for all the feedback.
I have thought of changing, we have three livery yards in our village, but my mare loves where she is, she is so happy, has other horses for company and it is very quiet as only just me there that rides the owner has brood mares. She would hate a very busy yard so I am happy to forgo the comforts for a very happy horse and i hope she can live out her days there she is 17 at the moment, and hopefully has many more years left, she will certainly do me for the rest of my riding time. The field does drain well so hopefully as the nights draw out and the better weather appears I will be ready to go again.
I did notice we have some crocus and snowdrops through now thats a sure sign things are on the up.

KLG

New User
Visit site
I must admit if my horse lived out 24/7 and i had no stables then I wouldn't want to ride either :( So no I do not blame your lack of motivartion. But as long as she is happy then thats great :D As for me, im on a bust livery yard and we all sort of motivate each other which is good, ours are in 24/7 atm so feel like I HAVE to ride :( Roll on SUMMER!!

I WOULD LOVE 24/7 TURN OUT :(

KrujaaLass

Visit site
Ceva. I'm a bit older than you. My energy and motivation seems to have disappeared this winter. Mine live out. Have stables but the mud goes right up to stable doors so cant tack up there and have to tack up at gate. Everything gets so muddy. I'm hoping I'll feel better when weather gets a bit warmer and dryer. Hang in there.