I AM GOING HORSE SHOPPING

GTs

Visit site
The boss of the carriage company has asked me to join them at the auctions early next year. Unfortunately it is not Keenland, but we will be buying three, maybe 4 and selling one. I think it will be great fun - I love horse shopping!!!

GTs

Visit site
The amish sell a lot at the auctions, but a lot of their stock is standard breds that they were given which are not suitable for city traffic.

GTs

Visit site
There is a certain risk involved as there is in buying any horses - however you can tell with most of them - a lot has to do with their breed, temperament, like Nugget was found sleeping at the auction.

LauraBR

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
a lot has to do with their breed, temperament, like Nugget was found sleeping at the auction.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao! I love nugget, can just picture him alseep at an auction lol!

JadeWisc

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
There is a certain risk involved as there is in buying any horses - however you can tell with most of them - a lot has to do with their breed, temperament, like Nugget was found sleeping at the auction.

[/ QUOTE ]

YIKES!! That would scare me!!!
crazy.gif
I would think they may either be ill....or drugged

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Will you be helping to get them going in harness or are the going to be driving horses already?

[/ QUOTE ]

They will most likely be going in a harness already, but not have done the city work so we will have to introduce them to traffic, and city noises.

Jade, I am not sure the whole story with nugget - he has always been special.