I AM NOW..........

GTs

Visit site
Employed as a carriage driver in the city of Boston. Yesterday I had my interview, and first night on the job!! Carriage driving is SO MUCH FUN!!! The horse I was driving was called Chico, and he must be the best behaved horse ever. Driving in the city is intense - not only is the general city traffic crazy, we got overtaken by a police car (with lights and sirens on), boy racer cars with the stereos up, motobikes, there was roadworks (which did not stop for us), delivery trucks unloading their loads, a concert which we went by, etc - Chico did not eve bat an eyelid at any of that! I have often said when I become a surgeon, I want the most bombproof horse, I now know where to find them!!!!

I will be going out again next Friday, and once I have my license will be going out more often. The money too was very good and will get better once I have my license.

Here is a picture of us:

1229343046_l.jpg

I also can go to the farm anytime, and saddle them up and go riding.

Tia

Visit site
Congratulations!! What is Chico? Percheron or something more grand?

You'd better dig out those thermals.......winter is on it's way!!

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
confused.gif
confused.gif
Nice pony though

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the confused face?

[ QUOTE ]
What is Chico? Percheron or something more grand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Something more grand? How mean. He is a Percheron, and he is lovely!!!

S_N

Visit site
Coz even though it sounds great, I'm confuddled as to why you are doing that job..... Thought you had grander things planned for life - or is this part-time?

GTs

Visit site
I am just doing it a couple nights per week to earn some extra money - H is quite expensive. It is nice as it gets me out, see the city, play with horses, and the money is very good. Last night if I was not training I would have made $150 cash for 5 hours worth of work.

Jiffy

photobucket.com
Oh Wow!

That sounds fabby & what an unusual way to fulfill your horsey needs.
cool.gif
You'll be competing against the Duke of Edinburgh before we know it!!!
laugh.gif

I can't wait to come to Boston & have you give me a guided carriage tour of the city.
smile.gif

Tia

Visit site
I'm so tempted to make a surprise trip to Boston one Friday night, LOL!!

He's only 6 hours drive away! Which park are you working in GTs?
grin.gif

Sooty

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I am just doing it a couple nights per week to earn some extra money - H is quite expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is some admission!
shocked.gif
Have you considered rehab?
grin.gif

Great job, beats working in McDonalds for extra cash, and I should think they are pleased to find someone who is used to horses. Lovely horse BTW.

GTs

Visit site
Yeah it is perfect - being in the city with the busy schedule I have, and the lack of funds getting to play with horses would be pretty difficult. This solves all of the above problems!!

Tia, it all depends last night I was outside Faneuil Hall, but there are a couple other places where we pick people up. Your best bet is to book, just ask for me!

As far as competing with the Duke of Edinburgh, I am actually hoping this to be my next ride.

clydesdales_black_and_white.jpg

Hopefully when I am back in CA I can organize it.

Tia

Visit site
Ahh no detective skills required this time - generally I can tell a Percheron a mile off.....helps that they are generally grey!
grin.gif

Mind you, we have a load of black ones around this area - but the grey ones are far more popular.

Happy Horse

community.webshots.com
Can I ask you guys a question? We have always avoided the carriage rides in Central Park (I say always - the once I have been!) because I have heard the horses are badly treated - is this true? We are back next wekk and I like the idea of going round the park but not if there is any doubt about the horses welfare - they looked very well kept last time but I know looks can be deceiving.

GTs

Visit site
I can not speak for any operation apart from ours - but from what I saw the horses are really well looked after. They are well fed, not worked too hard, we take around a bucket of water, etc. I think this is very standard here as all the horses in Boston look very well cared for - we are actually very tightly regulated.

Weezy

Visit site
Oh GTs that H habit is getting a bit out of hand isnt it
tongue.gif

Seriously tho, all horses names Chico are lovely (except the evil pony that refuses to be broken in on my old yard bt hey, there has to be an exception to every rule!)