I am so desperately sad

sue_ellen

Visit site
My best friends horse, Boo, is being pts tomorrow afternoon. I just feel so desperately sad. I am the only person she has to help her through this and I just hope I can be strong enough for her. She will be giving up horses for the moment, as this is such a devastating blow for her, and I will be so lonely without my mate, we do all our horsey stuff, and our riding, together. Hope we can get through it without crying too much, but I doubt it.
The vet is coming at 2, he is lovely and I suppose, sadly, he has had to do this before, but its something I have never had to deal with before.
Please think of us kindly tomorrow as we do this last thing for him.
Better go now cos I'm crying and I am at work, it is my break though, thanks for reading.

_April_

Visit site
frown.gif
So very sorry for you both.

For what it's worth, I quit everything to do with horses for over a year after my old horse was PTS very suddenly; I eventually moved on, missed it so much and now I own Tara.

Taffster

Visit site
I bet you are, unfortunately there is nothing anyone can say that will make either of you feel better. Just that if the decision has been made then it must be the right one for the horse, and you should feel proud that you have been able to do this for him. I know faced with the same question i would really struggle.
Thinking of you all tomorrow x

Daffodil

Visit site
Thinking of you tomorrow. Hoping that everything happens smoothly, quietly and with peace. Your friend is lucky to have you supporting her. ((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))) xx

kerilli

Visit site
it sounds utterly mad, i know, but when i went to a medium years ago the first thing she talked about was my horses 'on the other side' (she didn't even know i was horsey). this gave me really huge faith that they do go somewhere wonderful, a better place than this. i had one pts last week and am comforted by the fact that she's with her mum and all her friends in a big grassy field, having a wonderful time. i know, i know, get me a straightjacket and a padded cell.
hope this helps a little. it is really hard to do, but it is the right thing to do.

Janetterose

Visit site
I'm so sad for you and your friend - especially when it has to be planned like this. Everybodys different and I guess your friend needs to do whats right but when my girl died, because going to the yard was such a big part of my day, I got another horse straight away. He was completely different in looks and personality but was a great tonic. I still grieve evry day for Rose and it has been 8 months now.
My thoughts are with you.

chancing

Visit site
nothing anyone can say will make it easier. Remember all of the good times you four have had together. Get there a little early spend time with boo...grooming just so hes relaxed and if you dont think you can watch dont, if you get upset you will just upset boo and make it more traumatic.

Thinking of you tomorow

xxxx

Tamarisk

New User
Visit site
I am so desperately sorry to hear this. It is truly a heartbreaking time for you both. I lost a beautiful mare many years ago and still miss her now, some of them take bigger chunks of your hearts than others and she took a huge chunk.

I read this on Kim McElroy's site : http://www.spiritofhorse.com she is brilliant and helped me through a hard time even though I did not commission her (Iwill one day!).

'When a beloved leaves us whether to journey elsewhere on this earth or into spirit, we are left with a void of their physical presence. If only we could see them, touch them, and continue to relate to them in their new realm, we would’nt be faced with the loss of knowing them.

There is something we can do to fill the absence. We can continue to expand the part of us that they awakened. They are journeying on to new adventures, and we wish we could travel with them to share in the experiences. Yet, there….look, listen …it may be in a sunrise, or cloud, in the flick of a bird’s wings, or the words of a song, there is a glimmer of a message from our beloved. A mystery that only we can find the answer to. It is our challenge to remain open hearted, and to have faith that all things are connected. Though we may not understand the language, contact is being made.'

Time is a great healer, just remember the happy times and look for those signs, they are there.

SNORKEY

Visit site
how sad, im getting a bit teary thinking about my old boy now, it will be a very hard day, i was hoping that my boy was gonna pull through his laminitis but one morning he was really bad, so the vet gave me a couple of hrs with him before he came back, i took the opportunity to take lots of photo's of him, give him loads of treats and a lovely long groom, just be there for her as a shoulder to cry on.

ace123

Visit site
So sorry for you both.
My thoughts will be with you both tomorrow xx
You don't have to be strong, just be there, a shoulder to cry on or to cry with xx