I Am So Jealous....

mainpower

Visit site
of anyone lucky enough to have been out riding in today's sunshine! :( I stopped riding at the beginning of December when the snow came, then had hand surgery at the start of January. There's been some complications with infection in my bone and it's likely to be another 3/4 weeks before I ride, so four plus months in total. Pottering around my yard today I felt like having a little cry when I saw riders going by :eek: . Sorry for the whinge! And I hope that everyone who did ride had a lovely time! :)

dianeholmes

Visit site
I was out in the sunshine today but I also know how you feel! I lost my horse in January after a long struggle with his health - then my daughters horse was kicked in the head and put down just three weeks later with a fractured skull. I spent months last summer watching others ride - our yard is full of keen hackers and I was very jealous.

I am bringing my daughter's old horse back into work - he has not had a jockey for a couple of years so has been in the field persecuting his companions to play, so after Winston and Toby going I thought he could do with a job and I would give him one! We only go for short slow plods out but it so much better than no riding at all.

Healing vibes for your hand and hope you are back in the saddle soon!

Vixen Van Debz

Visit site
I had my first ride out in the sunshine today since... must be September time. It was the horse's too though and he's spooky at the best of times, but not even his dancing could ruin it. It was nigh on perfect 80) I'm still jealous of those that get to go hacking though - my RS isn't insured for that!

The best weather is yet to come - you'll have plenty of sunny rides ahead when you're healed 80) Get better soon!

sazzle44

Visit site
ohh dear, must be horrid not riding for so long! :( I managed a ride, but have contracted some sort of horrible plague & kept getting dizzy, hot & cold, ears popping, runny nose, itchy eyes so couldn't really appreciate the sunshine :eek: gosh, I've got a mega case of man flu! (p.s. I'm not a man, just not good at illness) :p hope your hand gets better soon, shame not to be able to ride while the suns out xx

xRobyn

Visit site
Me too! I've missed three years of september-june's worth of riding and haven't actually even seen my pony this year :(

mainpower

Visit site
thanks for kind words... dianeholmes you've just kicked me into perspective, you poor thing! :(

On the brightside, I have actually cleared my filing cabinet out with all the 12 plus year old bills and other crap stored in there! :D

Umbongo

Visit site
Me too!! I am horseless :(

I get to ride someones horse at the weekend, but I am missing out on this gorgeous weather now! :) Even just getting to sit out on the yard cleaning tack would suffice!

In fact, I may just go for a walk and see if I can find a pony to pat :)

scarymare

Visit site
I hacked on Sunday in glorious sun for the first time since the snow. Was very hard work on newly nappy horse though (too much haylage methinks!). Long may it continue (the weather) and hope your hand gets better soon.

Kenzo

Visit site
At least you are on the mend and it happened through winter, hopefully you will be back in the saddle soon when when we have more nice weather.

Was a beautiful morning over here in E Yorks, it was warm (but cool at the same time if that makes sense, blue sky, a low mist of the fields, beautiful fo riding, I was down at the yard at 6:30 and it was very temping to errr *coughs* perhaps have a stomach bug today ;););) but I mucked out and got the beds ready for this eve so all I have to do is bring in and tack up this when I go down after work, might even get sneack a cheeky one in round the village seen as it's a bright day if I'm quick about it.

Shame it's not going to be like this at the weekend. :rolleyes:

Hope you are feeling better very soon.

ldlp111

Visit site
Me too!! I am horseless :(

I get to ride someones horse at the weekend, but I am missing out on this gorgeous weather now! :) Even just getting to sit out on the yard cleaning tack would suffice!

In fact, I may just go for a walk and see if I can find a pony to pat :)

Got plenty of tack here you can clean ;)

Kat

Visit site
I couldn't ride today either, aside from the fact I am at work today, I've finally got a horse and she's blooming injured so she's off games for a week. :(

Puppy

Visit site
Another one here seriously jealous of those riding :( I've hardly ridden since my head injury Xmas '08 :( I'm desperate to buy a new riding horse. On the plus side, I am hopefully riding on Saturday, thanks to a very kind HHOer :) Hope I don't embarrass myself :eek:

0ldmare

Visit site
Another one here :mad:

I've got 2 horses and nothing to ride (nor will either of them ever be rideable again unfortunately :( ) So only option for me is to get a 3rd horse, but thats a heck of a lot of work/money so I'm still wrestling with the notion at the moment! Could happen though if the right horse came along..... :p