I am so P***ed off. Horse failed the vetting

casey2312

s6.photobucket.com
My little horse was vetted today. I have never had a day's lameness with her, and she failed on a hind flexion test. I'm not happy at all. Not only for me, but for the poor buyers that spent £180 for 10 minutes worth of vetting...... The poor girl was crying her heart out.... I feel awful for them. Not to mention the investigation cost's i am going to be charged.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Pass the brandy someone.

MrsMagoo

Visit site
So did they vet not say what he thought it could be?? was it alot he failed on???

Surly if it was only a slight stiffness then the buyers should still conisider having him??

Tia

Visit site
Those darned flexion tests again eh?

I was in the same situation as you a month or so ago. One of my 3 year olds passed everything with flying colours and then came the flexions........ran slightly short on one leg. As the buyer really wanted this horse, she had x-rays done on the spot. These came back clean and she bought him.

Very unlucky for you.

no_no_nanette

Visit site
Poor you! There's increasing controversy over flexion tests, and how accurately they really show up any underlying lameness/unsoundness ... so much depends on how the vet applies the test, whether he overran the time in holding up the leg, whether the hold was a corrrect one .... my vet says that "they are a very unreliable indication of nothing ...!"

Is there any point in your getting a 2nd opinion? Also other HHFs I think who have been in this positiion and might have wise words of advice. Do hope you get it sorted, and **** to the vet!

miller

Visit site
Bleeding cheek - I had one fail vetting years ago (I was buyer) vet went from Oakham to Coventry, did stable bit, then flexions advised us not to proceed and he would only charge for that section - £50 total inc travel

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
just had same thing today - three hour long vetting and flexion test twice on all four legs before and after. THoroug vetting but maybe a little to harsh. my horse is a little weak but never been lame and I've ridden him since he was 18 months old (in racing)

Louby

Visit site
You must be so fed up and the poor girl.
My horse failed the vet on a flexion test and the vetting was stopped. I was charged £80, couldnt get him out of mind and went back and bought him a few weeks later. Thats criminal they got charged £180.

Tempest

Visit site
a heck of a lot of horses fail flexion tests and personally it wouldn't necessarily put me off at all.

really the vet should have done all the tests required and then made comments pertaining to suitability and specifically relating to the flexion test.

Of course it may well be though that as soon as it failed the flexion that the potential purchasers told him not to procede in which case its right he stopped further inspection.