I am such a COWARD!

Enfys

Visit site
Just shutting the horses up for the night when I heard howling in my woods, LOTS of howling and yipping, then I see 3 doggy shapes loping across my field towards me (and I know mine are indoors) that's it, me off like a scalded cat, reckon I can make it from my barn door to the back door in 2 seconds.
How can I tell my daughter not to be so silly "Of course we haven't got coyotes/wolves" when I shoot in the door and slam it behind me like that!?
shocked.gif

MillionDollar

Visit site
I really don't blame you!
If i hear a noise behind me when im coming up the farm drive in the dark, thats it im off till i get to the back door, i slame it behind me and lock it, lol
blush.gif

severnmiles

Visit site
Wow...if it was wolves I'd have been out there like a shot (big wolf fan!)...if it was coyotes I'd have whistled the lurchers
shocked.gif

Tia

Visit site
Aww bless. Yes coyotes are really scary when you first hear them. There always sounds like there are hundreds of them and they always sound like they only a few metres away!

One thing's for sure - you'll get used to them.
crazy.gif

Enfys

Visit site
Told you! I'm such a wuss
blush.gif
I knew you'd have a giggle.
Big dog shot out of the house yelling abuse at whatever intruders we had, the puppy tried to follow but lost his nerve in the dark and sat on my foot growling at shadows instead.
smile.gif

Tia

Visit site
You know to keep the dogs away from them don't you? The coyotes will kill them if they get in the way - even big dog could be brought down by them.

Most of the time they are more bark than bite though so don't get too hung up on them.

I didn't giggle at you - I remember being quite nervous of ours when we first moved out here - but you really do get used to them as they are around all the time and are very vocal!

Enfys

Visit site
Thanks Tia.
I would keep the dogs away, I can imagine what a pack would do
frown.gif
Hopefully, if they are on the land here they are just passing through or snacking on our rather large resident flock of wild turkeys. We don't have any poultry etc that would encourage them to hang around, although I hope the barn cats have the sense to watch out for themselves.

Need to pick your brains, quick lesson on horse vaccinations needed please, will pm you.

Enfys

Visit site

wpa_wildturkey02.jpg

Just watched the Goat from Hell chase about a dozen wild turkeys out of the paddock 20' from the house!
smile.gif
smile.gif
Better than coyotes any day Thankyou.