i can fly

diggerbez

Visit site
through the air! courtesy of my four year old
grin.gif

he's been backed a couple of months now and is coming along really well but is still a bit nervy when you first get one him (likes to have a person next to him when you first get on)- he's also more relaxed if he's been lunged for 10 mins beforehand- clearly i don't want to get into habit of HAVING to lunge so i've been trying not to every other time i ride- he was fine last friday and saturday with this but tonight he starting spinning and broncing (think rodeo bull stylee
blush.gif
) literally as soon as my bum hit the saddle and i then went splat! so i lunged him for ten mins and then got back on and he was fine and had a brill lesson....please tell me this is fairly normal baby behaviour?!
smile.gif

loulabelle

Visit site
One of my boys is the same, really unsure when you first get on, did a bit a bronco styley at the weekend my other half was on him and didnt even manage to get his foot into the 2nd stirrup! Somehow he managed to land on his feet?!?
My boy settles down after an inital "fit" oly lasts about a minute or 2 x

diggerbez

Visit site
mine is the same...don't get me wrong this doesn't happen everytime (not done it for about 4 weeks before tonight) and then once i'm on he's safe as houses and feels more like a 6 or 7 year old- doesn't really spook or anything...he's wierd!

loulabelle

Visit site
Exactly the same as mine, must be an age thing!
When his good (which is most of the time) you wouldnt think his only been backed 6 months but when he has one of his moment his like a nutcase! luckily it never lasts lomg

diggerbez

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You might be able to fly but how are you at landing
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i like to think i'm elegant...somehow i really doubt it tho...more like a splat i think!
my back is a bit stiff now but otherwise i'm in one piece!
smile.gif

diggerbez

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh no! He's such a dude when ur on him tho!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

oh i know...i can forgive him all the splatting me on the floor as he is SO ace when i'm safely on board!
smile.gif

diggerbez

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Exactly the same as mine, must be an age thing!
When his good (which is most of the time) you wouldnt think his only been backed 6 months but when he has one of his moment his like a nutcase! luckily it never lasts lomg

[/ QUOTE ]

i think maybe it never lasts long because i fall off?!! he he
grin.gif
i've never known a horse to be able to bronc and spin like this (its like an airborn rodeo bull)...but it makes me feel better that someone else's baby is doing similar things
grin.gif