I can't get my competition jods clean! Help!

vivhewe

Visit site
I got myself a nice new pair of jods for competing the other week - they are Caldene Monaco ones and obviously light coloured - but it says I can only was them at 30 degrees and I can't tumble dry them.

Thing is the dirt wont come off them! Anyone else got experience of washing them and know how to get them clean? They cost £78 so I'm not ruining them, but I want them to be clean too!
mad.gif

I've tried vanish and even rubbed it in with a toothbrush to get the dirt to lift and it refuses to
frown.gif

Any help or info appreciated
smile.gif

Weezy

Visit site
Napisan - mind I have only used that for white jods
crazy.gif
- TBH I would stick them in a 40 wash anyway (everything here gets chucked in at 40 LOL) and see if that doesnt help, but I would soak them first!

Good luck!

CastleMouse

Visit site
Try rubbing the stain gently with methylated spirits (you can get it in chemists). But don't use this on fabrics labelled acetate or triacetate. Rinse with warm soapy water, and wash as normal.
Hopefully this helps
smile.gif

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Soak 24 hours in biological washing liquid and warm water, then wash on pre wash then normal.
We had to learn all sorts of stain removal having the holiday cottages, removing blood from washed/dried sheets became a speciality. I have been know to use carpet stain remover too in desperation..
Weezy's Napisan tip does work on white jods, but if yours are beige it may make them paler...

Peanot

Visit site
My competition jods cost my hubby (B`day prezzie) £95, in the sale after Xmas, they were priced at £115. I wash them in 50 with the other delicate whites and they are still lovley.

kick_On

Visit site
Best things i've found for sorting out dirty jods
vanish soap bar - wet and rub into really bad areas
soda crystal on top of jods washing machine and
then
for good mearsure more soda crystals in draw of washing machine and wash at 40,
results sparkling
grin.gif
grin.gif

This is what i do for white stuff to keep white and if i'm feeling really brave, wash at 50!!!!