I caved...

tasteofchristmaschaos

Visit site
... and put a medium weight on Fella. He is unclipped but not very fluffy. After walking to the station this morning and swearing because the wind was so cold, I felt I had to admit winter is finally here. The possible sleet tomorrow swung it. Eurgh. The neck is still off though, that is for when winter proper arrives!
Whats everyone else got on their horses who live out atm?

twinkle

Visit site
I no its sssooo cold!

Mine dont live out, but the ones that do down my yard are mostly naked but the oldies are in Heavy weights.

tasteofchristmaschaos

Visit site
I feel like the winter has suddenly jumped out on me! Mild, mild, mild, mild, wham cold wind! Ah well, had to happen sometime I suppose, and a few good frosts will hopefully help with the mud.

Ginger Bear

Visit site
My tb is in a 180g combo but since it's got colder have put a lightish stable rug underneath.. I don't want him getting a coat coz don't want to clip. He is also in at night..

JFTDWS

Visit site
According to Essex FM on my way home from the neds this evening, tomorrow we will have snow :rolleyes: at bleedin' last. I've had mud for less than a week and I'm already fed up with it!

ets - that would be Heart for anybody who isn't still in the nineties :rolleyes:

Roisin_M

Visit site
My two horses, both unclipped, are in a lightweight with a heavyweight over the top!! They both felt cold with just the heavyweights on. My shetland has a light fill rug on, because he has cushings and seems to get much colder now than he used to if he gets wet.

s4sugar

Visit site
I caved in last week and put my pair in 200g rugs. They let me know they were ready when they started using the shelter.

I don't feed in the shelter so they must have been feeling the cold.

Natz88

Visit site
I caved aswell, mine come in at night. My 4yr old is like yours not clipped, but not fluffy & he is a wimp so he now has a mw all neck on & my haffy who isn't clipped yet is like a teddy bear & I have put a lw on him. Mums cob is clipped although nearly grown back & he is in a lw as he does'nt get that cold.

BlairandAzria

Visit site
i feel like such a meanie- my tb x is out out in only a 100gm rug...but when i went to check on him before he was quite warm. Fingers crossed he's warm enough tomorrow- although i dont think were forecast snow here thank god!