I Chickened Out Today

Visit site
It's been raining here since last night (not complaining as we need the rain!) And because I wasn't going to Fife Show I did something different. I have also given up chocolate. Yup! I am 4 days sober on that front! Until today when I went and bought 2 Marsbars ...

Meet Dorris (front) and Mars! They are Marans crossed with Cream Legbars and will lay blue eggs in time!

60355293_10157289565904721_3784906381610450944_n.jpg

I have wanted some blue eggers for a while now! Dorris is very submissive and has already bowed down to the command of all of my other chooks. Mars is either brave or stupid! She ignores the stares and snide pecks and just tootles about doing her own thing!

Cavalier

Visit site
I have a couple of copper black marrans crossed with a cream legbar. They lay green coloured eggs. I had great fun breading last year with a CLB cockerel.

windand rain

Visit site
I would love to have chickens again but we have a covenant on the house and the landlord at the field loses his regularly to foxes so will just have to be happy looking after his while he is on his holidays

Leo Walker

Visit site
I'm sure the brown of the maran and the blue of the CLB makes green eggs, but I might be wrong! I have one random maran who sticks out like a sore thumb amongst my silkies and naked necks! She came to keep a lone chick company and never left again. Shes coming up to POL now and I'm itching to see some brown eggs!

Visit site
I don't mind if they lay blue or green eggs, it's a different colour to the whites and creams of the rest of the crew. I mighg get a Welsummer later in the year to add a dark egger into the mix.

They have settled in well and enjoying having dirt under their feet! They went from a concrete breeding pen to a concrete floored stable. They don't know what outside is! They can all stay in the pen (stable sized buf different dimensions) for the next week or so then they can roam the place. The others will be miffed they can't tidy my muckheap for me this week but they will get over it lol!

buddylove

Visit site
Cute, I have a friend who is a poultry breeder and I got three from her last year, they are favourelle x brahmas and have floofy feet and beards, Fifi, Peaches and Snowflake 🐔🐔🐔