I despise and Detest...

_OC_

Visit site
......Yeah
smirk.gif
You thought I was gonna name some forum member! No,that would not be me at all....as Luurrvvee you all
grin.gif
Now, what part of horse owning do you hate most, mine is filling haynets,removing muddy rugs(as go home with more mud on you, than rug
crazy.gif
),picking out feet, and made better if a fat cob leans on you...(Like, I can really hold up 560kg of cob!) or do you love every aspect of horse ownership.....my other two is putting up electric fencing(Total windup!) and cleaning out my clippers as always have bits of hair stuck to my face,quite a irritation......please don't slate me as there must be things that we do round horses where you think......well better get on and do it,but, I do hate that job!
smile.gif

Joya

Visit site
Haynets! Work of the devil! I end up with hay everywhere, it has a knack of ending up in my bra/pants/socks no matter what I do to stop it!!
Then carrying the wet heavy haynet and emptying it into Gem's stable, I get soaked!

Nickijem

Visit site
I'm like you paintbox - love it all!
Even more now since I was horseless a few months ago and I missed it so much I swore I would never complain again about filling haynets, cold dark mornings, etc etc!

JustKickOn

Visit site
Un-blocking the drain when people sweep hay and mud and stuff down it
mad.gif
Cold wet and grubby arm
frown.gif

And also hate doing the water, because even if the bucket is only half full I always manage to slosh it on my legs, don't mind in summer but in winter brrr!!

PaintboxEDT

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm like you paintbox - love it all!
Even more now since I was horseless a few months ago and I missed it so much I swore I would never complain again about filling haynets, cold dark mornings, etc etc!

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly,even though we own a livery yard i was without a horse for a while and now ive got my boy i love it and happily do everything without a thought,makes you realise how much you miss it,i couldnt wait to muck out again and like doing haynets !!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Ravenwood

Visit site
I am a bit fanatical about keeping the yard tidy, so daily sweep the yard and fork up the muckheap - both jobs I hate! But get through them by thinking of the all pounds I might be losing! (or putting them back on, on my biceps!!)

PS - I usually feed their hay on the floor - but do hate it when the round bales are wrapped so tight its a real struggle to pull off a layer. I end up tugging and pulling so damn hard and swearing at them!

jenbleep

Visit site
wet muddy rugs
cleaning gunky eyes.....although i am starting to get used to that now
in fact anything to do with gunk, pus, blood or anything medically smelly (i am a wimp and a big pansy) i can cope in an emergancy but am a squirmer

PaintboxEDT

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tragic i know but i actually enjoy it all !!!!!!!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm....there must be one teeny weeny little thing,cleaning your horses bits
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

there really isnt anything honestly
smile.gif
smile.gif

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
i second dodgy gates
also most insects, bloody pests, yes i know they are part of the ecosystem, but.....
also picking out feet when things are really wet and muddy, its ok other than that
oh, and going up my yard in the pitch black and being the only sucker there are silly o clock because i have to!
but it all goes hand in hand with ownership i suppose
Personally i dont mind haynets at all
grin.gif

L

lilym

picking out feet......
changing wet, muddy rugs
and haynets really pee me off!

hadfos

Visit site
I love it all(and miss it)!I have a tb that hates been in,had him from bein 8mnth old(now 12,and lurve im to bits,lol),no reason to be upset by being in???I am one that agrees vices are hereditary,why???My guy never been upset or caged in(but his dad did it all??) yet he still feels the need to weave when he locked in a box,i have given up and he is happier living out!!!
smile.gif

Spot_the_Risk

www.animalcrackersdevon.co.uk
There were things I didn't like when my horse was in livery, and was in at night, but now our lot live out, life is a lot easier.

Biggest hate is when they're all wound up about nothing and feeding all four in the field together becomes a game of oneupmanship betwen them all.

Thought of something... when I can't catch my horse, as he feels he is herd leader and must stay in the field to protect the others! Git!

Cahill

Visit site
that sinking,bumpy feeling when the wheelbarrow goes flat.
but worst....
dead bird in trough,big fat bloated magpie.....aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Murphy3

Visit site
The muddy bit in the gateway that never ever ever dries up and that I fall on my mush into from time to time leaving my boots standing sadly behind me and the horses giving me sad "what on earth are you doing down there" looks. In fact mud generally - maybe in my old age I'll depart to some nice desert (or with global warming may the desert will come to me!).

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Losing wellies in the mysterious swamp that always develops exactly where you need to stand.
Cleaning the water trough.
Mucking out a box resting horse.
The worst of all, though was doing 76 stable bandages each day at a rehab yard where I worked. I'm good at it now
laugh.gif

S

The_Tranterer

Visit site
i love it all, too (though i dont poo-pick; if i did, i think it would be the worst thing!)

i dont overly like muddy gateways and muddy rugs, and i used to hate having to wheel poxy little barrow half a mile to the muckheap 6 times a day....luckily now i have a slave for a brother who does the job for me on his quad bike!
grin.gif