I DID IT - I DID IT!!!!!

PiebaldHorse

Visit site
My start to horse riding last year was not good, i picked the wrong instructor who made me feel worthless (was later fired!). It made me give up, with less confidence than I had to begin with.

Anyway, finally got back into it again in July, went to a local open farm and every week i would ride a horse around the farm (1 hours trek at a walk).

Started taking lessons a few weeks back at the same stable but different instructor, and its going great!!

However my best news is that im doing the rising trot!!!

That is something that my ex instructor said I would never do.

My instructor asked me to try a few strides of trot, which I did and that was it, I was hooked!!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Oh well done! I'm so pleased you got rid of shitty, depressing instructor and got someone good!!
Another horsey addict!! Hooray!!
grin.gif

Tia

Visit site
Well done!! Are you the person who was having trouble buying a horse? I think it was as I remember your bold posts!!!

Perhaps you should continue with lessons for the time-being. There's no rush to get your own and if you do get on well with this instructor then you will learn a lot more than just rising trot.
smile.gif

PiebaldHorse

Visit site
Was so chuffed that I did it, wanted to kick him on into a canter but thought it might have been a bit much too soon.

If we got a horse it would really be for my husband, hes been riding since he was younger, and hes always having to ride others horses. Yet he wanted something that will be quiet enough for me

Tia

Visit site
Well good luck in your search. One will come along eventually.....sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs!