I don't know what to do!

SecretAgentBilly

Visit site
Hi all, I have a bit of a dilemma going on at the moment. I have a friend who is planning to get her own horse next February, and she has started 'window shopping', at first I was really happy for her because I know she really wants her own. However, she is planning on keeping it at her house, by itself. There are no other horses around her village so it would have no interaction whatsoever with another horse.
The other problem is, the area she wants to keep it in is about 1/2 an acre if that (the horse would be out 24/7). The land is also naturally boggy as there is a pond in the middle (i think she would fence this bit off) but there is a bit of natural shelter. I personally think this isn't a big enough area however she is certain it will be fine, but this also rules out the solution of getting a companion. I really don't want to ruin our friendship by saying that it's not a good idea but it doesn't seem right for a horse to be kept like that, if anyone would sell her one. I would be really grateful for any advice, should i just stay out of it or say something? Thank you all.

redriverrock

Visit site
Im sure she isnt trying to be cruel but this is obviously not a situation that is going to work...maybe a quiet friendly work explaining the pitfalls of what she is considering will work.