I don't think I can do it

Reashi

Visit site
I don't think I can do the team SJ at Blenheim. I jumped yesterday, came trotting up to a cross pole and she stopped! YO said that bella doesn't usually jump from trot, she jumps from a fast canter, so thats probably why she stopped, she just isn't used to a controlled pace! So I came at a forward canter, and she jumped everything I put her to! We did end up jumping up to 3'4'', which will be the first round height, but I haven't even contemplated spreads yet, and even though she jumped everything, the stop at the first jump has put me off. I spoke to her owner later who said she never stops. Her daughter doesn't "do" flatwork/dressage though, so I can understand that bella probably never jumps out of a trot or balanced slow canter. I just don't want to get to blenheim, and then have a few stops, as I don't think what little confidence I have can take it. I'm quite happy to do a bit more jumping, just 3'4'' by september the 1st doesn't appeal to me! I'll just stick to my dressage I think
grin.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
I am guesing you have about 2 weeks till Blenheim. Any chance you go to a local show and just do a 3'3 class? Such a shame as it would be an amazing experience to go to Blenheim.

Reashi

Visit site
It would be an amazing experience, but I think I've had my fair share of amazing experiences this year, qualifying for three different championships
grin.gif
! Theres always next year, or the year after. Its taken a year to get my confidence back to jump a course of 2'3''/2'6'', next year hopefully it'll be up to handling a 3ft plus course
smile.gif
. Just too scary a thought at the mo
blush.gif
!