Pictures I finally did it..!!!!

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Well I finally had my first little ride on Rex..!!! It's taken me a while to get here as he was quite a weak youngster for some time. He was started under saddle last spring but, due to various things, has done nothing since. He's now finally,at 6 years old, matured and is a stronger looking lad. I've been so worried about my weight as I've struggled to get it down (I'm still over 15st) but it's going...sllllooooooowwwwlllly.
Vet and physio have both said he will carry me just fine (I'm working hard at the weight loss)...vet actually laughed at me when I asked if he would be ok carrying me...he said he'd carry slot more with the amount of bone he has ??
Anyway, I just wanted to share as I'm so happy...my boy didn't even flick an ear at the sudden decision that he was going to be sat on....took it all in his usual chilled style and was foot perfect ???Screenshot_20210918-182842_WhatsApp_resize_72.jpgScreenshot_20210918-180617_WhatsApp_resize_78.jpgIMG-20210918-WA0000_resize_51.jpg

Last edited:

Parrotperson

Visit site
that's lovely to see he looks really calm and happy!

as to your weight I sympathise. I too struggle and now I'm retired it has got worse (I had a very active job!)

So. After various recommendations (and much scepticism on my part) I tried Noom.

And I have to say it's worked. So far anyway. Ive done It for a month and lost 7 pounds so far.

Trust me its not a diet program exactly. Its a bit "American" in places but I've found it invaluable.

Floofball

Visit site
Well done ?? you both look fab.
I’m in a similar situation with my 4 year old he’s backed now and riding away quietly and seems to be enjoying everything so far ?? I feel I’m too heavy for him as he’s still gangly and quite weak but I’m REALLY struggling to get my weight down (which I’ve piled on since lockdowns and giving up smoking) it’s definitely harder when your older!! There’s no rush for him though as he’s getting the very best of starts without me ?
Your post has given me a boost to keep working at it ?? hopefully I’ll be writing a similar post soon!!

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Thanks everyone, I'm so pleased with him. The whole thing was just such a non event for him. I'll admit I was very wary but not scared...I just don't bounce like I used to so didn't fancy any shenanigans ?
As for my weight, I love you all lol...Im actually approx 15st 7lbs but I'm 5' 11" so get away with it a bit. I'd ideally like to be back down to 12st so will see if I can get there....eventually.
I'll have a look again at Noom, I've looked before but the cost puts me off a bit.

atropa

Visit site
You both look great together, well done. Would never in a million years have said you look anywhere near 15 stone.
I sympathise with the weight issue, I put on over 2.5 stone in the past couple of years and have managed to shed 17lbs slowly but have now plateaued

Tinsel

Visit site
that's lovely to see he looks really calm and happy!

as to your weight I sympathise. I too struggle and now I'm retired it has got worse (I had a very active job!)

So. After various recommendations (and much scepticism on my part) I tried Noom.

And I have to say it's worked. So far anyway. Ive done It for a month and lost 7 pounds so far.

Trust me its not a diet program exactly. Its a bit "American" in places but I've found it invaluable.
Well done I have seen Noom advertisements before

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Thanks all :)
My weight is a tricky one as I have varying tablets due to chronic health conditions that are known for weight gain issues. Plus I have Fibromyalgia so I have a pain loop that's hard to break....exercise, hurt, rest, try again. I'm slowly, and I mean slowly, building up my exercise levels but I'm still learning how to stop before it hurts in order to retrain my pain responses....that bit is VERY hard. Losing weight would probably give me some pain relief though so.. ??
Rex is really making things easy for me though, everything is such a non event for him...Im truly stunned (and a little suspicious lol) at how relaxed he is ❤❤❤