I find this advert pretty sad.. Only a year old and already a 'project'

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I saw this on Facebook and original owner commented about how horrified she was about what was going on and that the new owner had only had him a week! Hopefully he will get a new knowledgeable home ASAP.

Jesus! Hopefully they’ll buy him back and be more careful who they sell to in future.

He’s a little cracker.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I don't like this line I would like to try and get the money back that I have spent on him so I can buy a more suitable youngster.
There isn't a suitable youngster for you if you don't realise this is normal yearling (newly gelded) colt behaviour and he wants some mates to play with and someone who knows what they are doing to teach him things.

McFluff

Visit site
Very sad indeed. Why get a youngster if you clearly aren't set up for one? Which is why I'm sitting on my hands, as he has similar lines to my boy (Ionos and Derwen), and my boy is amazing (in my view anyway!). Hope someone with the right set up gets him as he will be a cracker.

be positive

Visit site
The whole ad is a series of excuses, they were 'sold' an unhandled colt, not we bought it 'because it was cheap and all we could afford' we have failed to teach him the basics because we are inexperienced and probably told the breeder a few porkies about what we would do, having created impatience by not being able to keep him turned out 24/7 with a herd he now rears when we take him out after being shut in all night, he has become more confused due to me not being sure what to do so he is becoming frustrated by the lack of clear boundaries, me faffing about trying to do too much to 'show him who is boss', having done all this I want my money back so I can put all I have learned by making so many mistakes with him into my next project.
I just hope the poor chap finds a home where he can be given a chance to have it all undone, and that anyone selling a nice youngster makes a few checks before selling to this person, otherwise I suspect a similar ad in a few months time when the next one has become a bit tricky.

He is rather nice and if nearer I could be tempted.

be positive

Visit site
While checking mine I have given it some thought, it really is not a sensible idea to move him to Somerset then to Wales in a few weeks time, I will have very limited grazing until I can find extra which may prove tricky but there is something about him I really like, you lot will probably try to talk me into it so I will give it further consideration.

Roxylola

Visit site
Could you somehow get him straight to wales BP? Have we anyone in wales could help for a couple of weeks? Hufflypuffly is somewhere welsh...

Asha

Visit site
I don't like this line I would like to try and get the money back that I have spent on him so I can buy a more suitable youngster.
There isn't a suitable youngster for you if you don't realise this is normal yearling (newly gelded) colt behaviour and he wants some mates to play with and someone who knows what they are doing to teach him things.

a more suitable youngster would probably be a rocking horse .
It’s a good thing they are moving him on before they make any more mistakes with him.

let’s hope BP does buy him , we need another HHO project to follow ?

Widgeon

Visit site
While checking mine I have given it some thought, it really is not a sensible idea to move him to Somerset then to Wales in a few weeks time, I will have very limited grazing until I can find extra which may prove tricky but there is something about him I really like, you lot will probably try to talk me into it so I will give it further consideration.

Could you find a youngstock livery near his current location for a couple of months, then move him once you're set up permanently in Wales? He does look nice....go on....think some more.

gallopingby

Visit site
very smart youngster, hopefully he will be able to be turned out with a gang of geldings and have time to grow up. Sadly an example of ‘what can l get for £1000’ In the right hands he will be a super cob but not for an inexperienced owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.