I found the bean!

Serephin

Visit site
Sorry, just had to tell everyone! lol

My boy stands like a rock, I swear i could do anything to him as long as he has some hay to munch on - after reading a few posts on here about the elusive bean I thought I would have a hunt for it as I want my boy to be happy and comfy and clean.

So I went in, and there it was - I was grossed out and fascinated all at the same time!

My husband is horrified. :D

ldlp111

Visit site
well done:)
im still on the hunt for this elusive bean :D although winky is nice and clean now.

Just out of interest how did you find it?:confused::eek::D

Serephin

Visit site
well done:)

Just out of interest how did you find it?:confused::eek::D

well, he dropped it out and I took a deep breath and took hold of it gently - I tentatively had a look a the head of the penis and above the uretha is a pocket, it felt a bit crunchy (euww!) so I gently squeezed and there it was, a waxy build up that I gently squeezed out, there was a couple of pieces, a fair size each. There seems to be pockets either side of the uretha as well, but they were relatively clean.

My advice is have a damn good look if you can! You should find it quite easily. :D

Archiesmummy

Visit site
Is it really necessary to do all that?

Whenever I have mentioned anything to do with my boys manly bits they have said leave alone they look after themselves. If I bath him I give him a quick rub over with a sponge. Am I missing something?

xRobyn

Visit site
Some people never touch them. Others, like myself, have to keep an eye every few months because the horse is more prone to build up.

The bean can cause immense pain if builds up too big and affects urination. Phil is as laid back as they come, but tried to take my head off my shoulders when I touched his sheath last summer. It was swollen, and took 2 sedations from the vet before he would allow anyone near. Ended up with an infection and £180 vet bill. Not again. I'd rather clean it regularly :D

ibot

Visit site
i stood with 5 other owners today asking where and how. now i am the newby owner on the yard and they all looked at me blankly none of them had ever cleaned there horses bean.... but we are going to have a root maybe tomorrow or when smalls are back in school.