I hacked out alone!

dwi

Visit site
I've had Daisy since March and yesterday was our first successful hack on our own. We couldn't hack at our last yard because it went out onto a very busy A road but we've been at current yard six weeks now and loving it.

We had several periods of napping, once nearly going into a pond and a huge paddy under some electricity pylons but we did it (and even opened two gates on the way).

For anyone alse out there having problems with a nappy horse it is worth perservering, I neer thought we'd get to this tage and even if it wasn't entirely enjoyable at times when we were going backwards into things it is certainly a milestone.

Now we just have to face some busier roads....

dwi

Visit site
If you'd seen the size of daisy you'd know that diet wasn't a problem.

She gets a small handful of happy hoof to put her stroppy mare in and thats it. She can't be muzzled because she gets eczema so she does get a fair amount of grass but presumably that wouldn't fizz her up? The grass is resembling hay at the moment anyway because of this heatwave

Parkranger

Visit site
Don't you bet on it! Spring grass especially can send a horse through the roof - full of nutrients! Very rich green grass, at any time of year, will definately have an effect on a horses 'fizziness'.........