I had to say goodbye to my darling GSD

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Five and a half weeks ago. It feels like both forever and just yesterday.

She was only eight. Sudden heart failure.

From thinking she'd just twanged a leg as her backend went a bit wonky to losing her lying on the floor at the vets was about two hours. I forget how long. I think really she went in the car and was only just breathing when we got there.

I can't go into all the detail, thought the vets were wonderful and kind and compassionate. She knew she was loved and cared for to the end and she is very, very much missed.

The Rotties still take turns to be close. They've taken to sleeping in her spot, having never shown an interest in it before, and hearing them breathing through the night is so comforting. Lil'dog was very lost. The last morning they were playing and then a few hours later Lil'dog was on her own. She's coming round now.

So T'dog, beautiful beautiful Tiagan, we walk the fields and find the puddles and remember with love and happiness the joy on your face when you'd pounce through them. I have the most wonderful memories of a few days before just sitting stroking your face, your eyes so alive and loving, and that last morning laughing at you an Lil'dog playing chase and bounce.

'Till the Bridge lass.

PurBee

Visit site
Sorry to hear your sad news mrs M. Lovely tribute to a beautiful dog.
It sounds like she had the most wonderful family life with you and the other dogs, despite being young, they were evidently very joyful years. A dream life for a dog. I call it the 4 F’s - fuss, friends, food & family. ?
Takes a while to adjust…thinking of you.
Big hug
x

palo1

Visit site
So sorry, it is heartbreaking to lose a wonderful friend and it takes time to come to terms with. Go easy and cuddle the rotters x