I hate my horses

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
First off I love them all really, but why at times do they make you just want to shoot the lot of them?

My winter field is spilt in two halves, Shetlands in one side ponies in the other. So why does the Falabella deside today not long after I've left to trash my fence and let everyone in together? My fence is on and working and said little s*** is not rugged and is fully clipped so would have left the shock!

Go down to sort the wreck out and decide just to take the fence down and they can all get on with it. In the middle of taking the fence down, openings both ends and the Falabella just casually walks through the fence breaking a post and dragging the tape across the field even more all whilst I'm trying to pick all the mess up!

Finally fence is down and all is fine. Give dinners, the new forest and the yearling good as gold, three shitlands deside to play musical dinners and best each other up (something they don't usually do, they get fed in the field together every blooming night so why tonight!) then the youngest shitland is beating up the yearling (said yearling is standing at 13.2, shitland is 32 inches lol).

Am now back home in the warm in a mega grumpy mood and the ponies are all happy munching piles of hay and haylage like nothing's happened and are now best of friends sharing piles of hay.

Swear they just do it to wind us up sometimes.

pippixox

Visit site
completely agree!
it is always when I am stressed they decide to play up!
on the day i have very little time and do them in between 2 jobs, they decided to break fencing and get into another field and bomb around :( couldn't just leave them as it is my friends field with grass being saved for hers. ended up late for work, and horses always sound like a lame excuse!
but there are other days when I'm feeling sad and they nuzzle into me and cheer me up :)

Dazed'n'confused

Visit site
I think they view "human baiting" as good sport!!!
There are times when I could cheerfully throttle my lot (more times than not at the moment!)!! :D

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
I'm so glad I'm not alone.

The Falabella is a git lol but I do love him. He bites he electric fencing if not on and pings the tape. His taken to biting tail flaps of the others rugs an trying to drag them across the field by said tail flaps. Don't know what's got into him!

His not cold, his not hungry he wants for nothing. His just been sent to test me I'm sure of it.

Last edited:

Mrs G

Visit site
Ooh yes I know this feeling; I go to the yard after a long crappy day at work, to see my beloved boy and find him completely blathered in mud, so I know the paddock I spent the weekend stamping down the divots in is now trashed all over again, but he looks at me with those big brown eyes so I tell myself, "it's only mud..and the paddock will recover eventually"... And then I see one of his shoes is hanging off too...

Woolly Hat n Wellies

Visit site
Last night I went to catch my three. I shouted and shouted, but no one came. I guessed they couldn't hear me, as the far end of the field is a long way from the gate, so I set off down the hill towards the gateway into the next paddock (they have three paddocks with open gateways between) and just as I reached the bottom of the hill, all three galloped through the gateway, straight past me, and all the way up to the gate at the top, leaving me to trudge back up the hill (which is flipping steep!) while they all stood about looking as though they couldn't understand why I wasn't there!

RaYandFinn

Visit site
Must be something in the air. One of mine barged past me at the gate tonight as I was bringing in and decided to go for a hoon around the farmyard not wanting to be caught! Normally a complete dobbin on the ground but has been a monster of late!

Roll on Spring!

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
And there was me thinking Fallabella's were dainty angelic little things?!

Oh god no! If my little darling is anything to go by their as bad as the shitlands!

He didn't come from the best home, he was a few months in diagnosed with very mild wobblers due to a trauma to his spine at some point before he came to me. His got teeth issues and has had head CT scans etc all funded by me as he wasn't insured. He had and still doesn't have much respect for fencing, whether it be stock fencing or electric! He'll beat up anything no matter how much bigger it is then him!

He has to be buted for the farrier, sedated just to even open his mouth to look inside, otherwise he'll kill you! His a tit to load, if his got one on him stay out his way lol..

All that aside his the cutest little dude ever and has such a big character and I wouldn't change him for the world! His gone from trying to bite my face off if I show him any affection to laying down with me, if I open field gate and tell him to "Go to bed" he'll go straight in his stable and won't come out again even if I leave the door open. And his the best with children 😊

I hate to think what would become of him if I hadn't of got him.

I've made him sound like a monster but his my monster and I love him to bits. I'll try and post a photo of him if I can.

muckypony

Visit site
Oh me too! :(

My yard is just my three, I get there after 6 so its dark at the moment and they're in at night. I always lead all three in (two Shetlands on one hand so very easy) and they are normally so good. Tonight on the way in, two foxes decided it was date night and starting going at it as they do and making that awful noise. Scary to a horse I understand, but you live outside! As if you haven't heard it before... I*started*chatting away to then but before I could react at all they all set off at a gallop leaving me empty handed... Thanks guys.

Thne to retrieve them all and of course bug pony truly believes it was me making the noise so cannot possibly let me catch him...

We love them, we love them, we love them....

buddylove

Visit site
I decided yesterday that my horse's extended Christmas break was over. He was a git to catch, a git to tack up and generally a fidgety, clumsy pain in the bum.
But foot perfect all the way around our hack! Cannot work him out some days 👿